Discuss Woopeee!!!Found how to adjust my D24000 !! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

leesfarm07

Just by accident I discovered a very important adjustment on my D24000. The blade has always been over to one side of the exit-slot that it passes through when it has cut through the tile and was scraping into the aluminium more and more. By sheer accident whilst cleaning it down after a job I noticed the blade didnt look quite upright (90 deg to the bed) and found that the adjusting screw had worked loose. Of course adjusting this moves the blade in the slot EUREKA!! After weeks of head scratching it now seems so obvious...even the Dewalt guys at the recent tool fair were stuck to explain how to move the blade across!!!!:lol::thumbsup:

L

leesfarm07

Hi Dave
It's just the grub screw to set the blade upright..ie 90 deg to the bed, any slight adjustment makes a heck of a difference to how the blade runs through the exit slot. The grub screw has a blue thread-lock type of material on it but mine was dead loose. I had been doing a lot of skirtings and had angled the head over at 45 deg quite a lot and I think that constant tilting moved the screw a bit and hence the run out of the blade. Obviously my cuts weren't dead upright but I hadn't noticed.

L

leesfarm07

The grub screw is located to the rear of the saw next to the clamp that you loosen to allow the saw head to tilt through to 45 deg. When this clamp is loosened and the head is returned to the upright position this grub screw acts as the limit stop. It is an allen headed screw, the allen key to which is located with the saw blade spanner. On initial set up the instructions advise that this is adjusted whilst holding a T square to the blade which I did, but with use (especially using the tilt function) the grub screw worked loose and my problem started. I would advise a squirt of 'thread lock' or similar on the grub screw once it is set up just to keep it from vibrating loose again.

F

fulabeer

I few photos showing the blue adjustment screw.

IMG_0347.jpg IMG_0348.jpg IMG_0349.jpg

:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Woopeee!!!Found how to adjust my D24000 !! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
O
    • Informative
    • Useful
So Gary and I have come down to Hastings to inspect a large Porcel-thin floor that is failing...
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Replies
Views
R
Started a wet room this week normally I use mosaics on the tray but they don't do a matching one...
Replies
Views
bcd-87
B
D
How to drill a hole in a steel bath. At 365Drills we provide either the equipment you need or...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Woopeee!!!Found how to adjust my D24000 !!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.