Discuss Working away from home. Pricing help? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

JCT

TF
How do yous price jobs when working away from home. Need to hand an invoice in for a job I recently did.

5 hour drive each way costing about £100 in fuel, nearly 600 miles in total

£80 diggs

20m² 300x300 porc, no sealing required

matts, 5 x 20kg bags, 10kg grout. Cost me about £110

Just looking for the going rate. I'm based near Glasgow same as the builders so looking for the local m² rate for Glasgow. Don't want to go in to high as there will be plenty of work off the back of this.

Thanks

JCT

TF
Thanks Alan.

The thing is the shop fitters I done the work for normally get all there tiling work done through a flooring company that do their carpets vynal etc. Up untill recently I did all the tiling work for that flooring mob but for the last job for these shop fitters the flooring mob used a different tiler who messed the job up. The Shop fitters then phoned me directly to go out and fix the job. So from now on they are using me directly cutting out the middle man.

Their will be no problem getting paid as It will work out cheaper for them. They would've been paying absolute top dollar through the flooring company. I have the chance to go in here at a higher rate than I would've been paid by the flooring company which was about £22 per m² + costs and travelling time.

If you can get that on a commercial job plus costs then go for it, just be careful not to price yourself out, also on bigger jobs they may be looking at a cheaper rate, before you run the risk of getting into bother, is there someone you cn discuss rates with, get a m2 rate and digs etc sorted, plus, and this is a big one coz it's caught me before, a day rate for any prep work and non tiling works.

Reply to Working away from home. Pricing help? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

So, I bought my first home with my wife after saving for about 10 years and have been thrown...
Replies
Views
J
Hi everyone I've done several trades across construction, and the thing I struggle most with is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have only been involved in supplying tiles on commercial jobs for about a year now...
Replies
Views
Yes, the time has come again to ask the question What is the price per sqm for site work in...
Replies
Views
Simon benn Leeds
S
Hi This is my 1st post in the forum. I have been a tiler for 13 years. I have started my own...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

JCT

TF
Thread Information

Title
Working away from home. Pricing help?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.