Discuss your not going to believe this one. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
First thing I would do is verify that it is indeed an anhydrite screed. Bear in mind that there are other pumpable screeds which would have the same blue edging strip. Until it is verified let us hope it is a cement based flowing screed. However if it is anhydrite it will not be anything like dry after just a month. The underfloor heating needed to be commissioned first as well. Could be one that turns ugly on you if you are not careful so lets get it verified first.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
he only ows me for today, which i'm picking up tomorrow, told him i wouldn't do any more on the job, dont like the fact my sign written vans outside.
Get in!

That's even better mate.

So pleased. :)

I'd tell the customer why you're not doing the job then. Dog eat dog if you've been paid mate. Get paid. Tell customer why you've left the job (hopefully they're aware you were even on the job). And get the job stopped. Go advise them that what's been done has been wasted. And provide an estimate to re-do what's been done and finish the job fully at a fair rate. I hope you know what the price was put in for originally, that'd benefit you heavily. You want to make sure you get the re-fix mate. I'm pretty sure if the customer is happy in the end, even though it had cost them a lot more (which hopefully they'll get back of the other guy but possibly not) then they WILL tell others about how good you are as they'll not want their friends using the wrong guy, as they did. ;)

I change my opinion fully based on the that fact mate. I thought you'd not get paid if you

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
First thing I would do is verify that it is indeed an anhydrite screed. Bear in mind that there are other pumpable screeds which would have the same blue edging strip. Until it is verified let us hope it is a cement based flowing screed. However if it is anhydrite it will not be anything like dry after just a month. The underfloor heating needed to be commissioned first as well. Could be one that turns ugly on you if you are not careful so lets get it verified first.

Probably best do that before you go with my route above there. lol

You do only want to rat on him if he's actually done something wrong. Though I'm guessing if your gut feeling felt wrong-doing (and the fact he didn't know what the screed was and / or didn't know how to prep it) that you're right.

surrey
lets put this another way , how do you know this guy and why did you help him on this contract , is he someone you just know from a tiling shop or a mate of a mate ,
i find most of the time you say something to the client you rarely get the job anyway , he has made a mistake and he has to be given the chance to recitfy work , and hopefully he will do this , as you have informed him it will only last 1 month if he is lucky , give the guy a chance in sorting it out , maybe iam wrong i dont know

Reply to your not going to believe this one. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m not a tiler - which is why I have one in working away on my new kitchen floor! However...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone, I am new to this forum and I'm looking for your experts' advice in a situation...
Replies
Views
I was quoted over £4700 (inclusive of VAT) to rip out and replace my bathroom. This does not...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Andy Allen

Esteemed
Arms
TF
Gloucester

Thread Information

Title
your not going to believe this one.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.