Search the forum,

Discuss So How Was Your Day? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

Q

Qwerty

ITS FRIDAY!!!!

image.gif

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Wife's still dying with flu..
So I've had to go to work this morning, drop daughter off at college, do the food shopping, pick up materials for next week, walk the dog, back to tesco to get what I couldn't find (wifes orders) pick daughter up from college, cook tea, drop son off at youth club, pick son up from youth club.....and now I'm ready for bed !!
She better get well soon !!

W

White Room

Wife's still dying with flu..
So I've had to go to work this morning, drop daughter off at college, do the food shopping, pick up materials for next week, walk the dog, back to tesco to get what I couldn't find (wifes orders) pick daughter up from college, cook tea, drop son off at youth club, pick son up from youth club.....and now I'm ready for bed !!
She better get well soon !!

I do ours, saves me a fortune doing it on my own:)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Lovely day today. Went out on an egg hunt with my daughters this morning and then home for lunch. Made myself a steak & cheese sandwich and then all my family came over throughout the afternoon. A really nice get together.
Hope you're all having a great weekend too!
I've had a bit of a lazy day today. ...shame the weather has been so bad as I've lots of outside projects that need doing..

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Sorted some missing floor boards for what will be my ensuite (did first fix nearly 6 years ago lol), took beading off the window and finally got round to hanging the door. Scratching my head about trying to get a tray in there without needing to cut into a big joist (don't want a riser kit on it). Think I've found a place that will put the waste hole and fall in the tray wherever you want it so will contact them tomorrow. Took landing carpet/underlay up on stairs and landing, removed all the staples and sorted some creaks out ready for carpet fitter. Quite excited about getting my ensuite done this year.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
I've committed to ensuite now - just ordered concealed shower, anthracite rad and valves, anthracite basin cabinet, tap and waste. Going for nice and dark walls and floor - like a bat cave! I personally hate bright bathrooms! If having a shower at night I'm winding down and entering sleep mode, first thing in morning I need waking up gradually!

O

One Day

I wasted 3hrs this morning looking for a leak in a shower a tiled 3 years ago. Customer claimed water pouring out of the ceiling below. I've never ever had a leak. Walls were tanked with ardex wp and taped to the tray with kerdi-fix. I poked my inspection camera up a few holes and couldn't find any evidence of water aside from the wet ceiling! Had my heating engineer call in to check it out too. Blow off valve on a faulty expansion tank was the cause. I'm just happy to be vindicated. Every day's a school day eh?

O

Old Mod

My day was good until I decided to latex a landing last thing after 4 pm after having stuck the riser in earlier in the day I dammed off all the gaps and poured the levelling compound it was looking good until the riser gave way and all the leveller started to run over the work ended up stopping the flow and cleaning up the mess doh!!!

surprised-038.gif

Reply to So How Was Your Day? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Morning All! I thought it was about time to start a new Good Morning Thread. The old thread can be found HERE but is quite long so not as easy to find specific posts. So tell us what you are up...
Replies
Views
  • Suggestion
Post a New Thread for Each Tiling Job Completed. Rather than using the Show us Your Work Thread - which has more than 500,000 views, and thousands of posts to scroll through - we thought it would...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The homeowner of the property I'm working on has just come to me and asked if anything can be done about...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement