Search the forum,

Discuss Using SBR primer on bitumen floor to stop smell in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Q

Qwerty

Im going to prime my solid concrete floors with SBR primer before tiling my en suite, but I also have the same crappy bitumen covering on my bedroom floor.

The tiles are up and left the residue, which is really smelly (hot tarmac!). Will a coat of SBR stop this, if not then what will please (we need to re-lay the underlay and carpet soon)

Cheers - Geoff

D

DHTiling

Very very thin (less than 1mm)

remove it...:thumbsup:

with one of these..

Wire Brush for Angle Grinder

A very aggressive wire brush for use in an angle grinder - You will be amazed how fast this works!

Use to remove all kinds of unwanted paint, adhesive, rust and other surface contaminants etc

Very good for 'keying' smooth surfaces.

- Hardend & twisted 0.5 mm steel strands
- 75 mm Diameter
- Standard M14 thread (fits all standard angle grinders)
- Max speed 12,500 Rpm

We recommend you wear suitable eye protection overalls and gloves while using this tool

Price: £4.49 £5.16 Including VAT at 15%

W

White Room

My thinking is that if your getting an odour I would get it up then prime, priming might work straight onto the bitumen but if it dos'nt your'll be taking the carpet back up when it's laid.

Reply to Using SBR primer on bitumen floor to stop smell in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen