Guest viewing is limited

Discuss 2 funerals in 8 days! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Thoughts go out to you from me and the other half mate.

Got a mate of my parents who had lung cancer, had treatment over 3 months (weekly, and for hours, that nearly killed him alone to be honest), got the all clear, went to celebrate on hols etc, got back, they mixed the results up, he's terminal. After mentioning this to only two people (complaining, as I do generally, though this time about our local hospital) I found out that BOTH the people had similar experiences. One of them got told their prostate cancer had not gone, when it had (and when they did tell them it had all gone it was by letter not in person and totally unexpected, though when he phoned they still said he still had it - had to do another round of tests to confirm he actually hadn't), and the other had a relative that cancer treatment worked on, and they too had were told they had still got it only to learn later that they hadn't got it still and the results got mixed up.

Life's like a box of chocolates, as the man said.

Make of it not just what you can, make of it EVERYTHING you can!

As said above, happens to us all mate.

D

doug boardley

I feel for your grief Simon, and altho' I believe myself to be a Christian, I do find myself questioning my Faith sometimes, I don't grieve the passing of my parents, they got old and that is nature's way:thumbsup: but come the day when I breathe my last and hopefully reach those pearly gates, the first question I will ask is "Why did you call Carol so early?" Carol was my sister and she died aged 11 of leukemia and altho' I was only 2 years old when she died I still feel an enormous grief at her passing, so if there is One Almighty omnipotent god I think he has some explaining to do as to why (in the case of Carol and Michelle's husband) he can snatch away our loved ones?
My thoughts are with you Simon.

F

Fred

I feel for your grief Simon, and altho' I believe myself to be a Christian, I do find myself questioning my Faith sometimes, I don't grieve the passing of my parents, they got old and that is nature's way:thumbsup: but come the day when I breathe my last and hopefully reach those pearly gates, the first question I will ask is "Why did you call Carol so early?" Carol was my sister and she died aged 11 of leukemia and altho' I was only 2 years old when she died I still feel an enormous grief at her passing, so if there is One Almighty omnipotent god I think he has some explaining to do as to why (in the case of Carol and Michelle's husband) he can snatch away our loved ones?
My thoughts are with you Simon.

God bless Carol, you are a strong man.

Reply to 2 funerals in 8 days! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
C
hi all, i posted this thread in the arms as i didnt want the general public to hear my rant or...
2 3 4 5 6
Replies
Views
Marksmithtiling
M
B
NETT 9 DAY PLASTERING COURSE - EXCELLENT!!! Hi All, just to let you know I've just completed...
Replies
Views
ADRIANSWALLS
A
C
Hi guys New to this so bear with me... I have a major problem. My tiler has put tiles on my...
Replies
Views
Gall.B
G
G
ok its not very often I mention pricing but I will break that rule. While mainly I work on a...
2 3
Replies
Views
EFC Mike
E

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
2 funerals in 8 days!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.