UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss 2 bits of bad news in one day. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Chris, be determined, don't give up and stay within the law (not so with your "mate". Chin the robbing barsteward). I had a customer try this with me once, luckily I hadn't quite left the house. I still had my main toolbox with hammer and chisel in it and went back upstairs saying " thats fine then, as the tiles are mine I'll take them back off and take them home with me". He started shouting all sorts at me but as he was a liitle twerp and I'm not, he couldn't manhandle me out of the bathroom. I told him if he didn't go and get cash then I'll take the tiles.

Half an hour of real palpitating sweats later he came back with cash and I left with some lovely names ringing in my ears. In truth I was told that as soon as I had fixed them to the wall and floor they belonged to the house as "fixtures" and if he refused to pay I would struggle to get any satisfaction unless I had a signed contract.

Long story short another guy refused to pay full amount even after tellling me the job was great and that he would use me on his other projects. Threatened him with Small Claims and he told me "I'm richer than you can imagine and I don't owe anyone anything". Hmm. Red rag - bull? Yep. He paid all but £148 so I wouldnt go after him through SC. However I registered him online for a variety of choice websites and requested the brochures etc. I think his wife particularly liked the animal based ones as a year later she kicked him out and took a younger model. Oh and he wasn't that rich only about £17M. Git.

Good luck

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to 2 bits of bad news in one day. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.