Discuss £400 a week cap on benefits, good or bad? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Is it a good thing ConDem's are capping this benefits thing to £400 per month?

It'd stop those families that just keep reproducing useless contributions to society and just sap funds for their 6 bed half mil houses down south, but will it cap anybody who actually needs the funds?

IMO - cap the bloody lot of 'em. I've always been taught to earn my keep, and those that don't shouldn't have a better life than me. Its the doings of Labour IMO. Stick everybody on sick and make the unemployed figure look less. Now we have a mission getting these people back in jobs where there are none!

rant rant rant :lol:

I

Ian

It's a very worthwhile rant though. I'm sick an tired of all the whining idiots who are complaining about all the cuts and the threat of another recession when they are more than likely the ones who have been bleeding the country dry for the last 13 years. The current government have no choice making all these cuts, if labour had continued there would be no economy of any description left!

D

Deleted member 9966

don't even get me started. I work my backside off and pay my taxes, yet my own sister has a council house and 3 kids, and her and her husband haven't worked for years upon years. what incentives have my nieces and nephew got to go out and get a job, earn their own lot in life? none.

bring back the cane at school too. if they don't get discipline at home it's about time kids got shown right from wrong and the value of hard work when at school.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
don't even get me started. I work my backside off and pay my taxes, yet my own sister has a council house and 3 kids, and her and her husband haven't worked for years upon years. what incentives have my nieces and nephew got to go out and get a job, earn their own lot in life? none.

That's exactly my view!

D

Deleted member 9966

That's exactly my view!

I'm lucky that my eldest niece who is 13 has spent a lot of her life growing up with my parents, so my parents have been able to instill some good morals and principles into her. She knows she has to work hard to get what she wants, and she sees what me and Mr GRR have, and knows we worked hard to get it. But she's only one child in thousands.

I

Ian

You've got me started now Dan!!! Here's another thing that I don't get, why aren't people who claim job seekers allowance, or the dole if you prefer, made to earn that money they receive? Surely if they were made to clean the streets, empty bins, paint buildings etc, then they would be giving something back to the community. They'd soon realise that getting a proper job would give them a better quality of life and that nothing in life is free. ( i'm not taking anything away from the people who do the jobs I mentioned just used them as examples, so don't shoot me down!!!)

M

mikethetile

the only thing I will take you to task on Dan is blaming labour, the roots of this problem go back to the last tory administration, they wanted to bring wages down and break the unions, they did this with mass unemployment. stoke area was one of the hardest hit in the uk. the last labour administration poured money into the hardest hit areas to rejuvinate them, the results of having that investment stopped is yet to filter through

as for the rest of your post, I agree

why should we pay the rents for unemployed families to live in central london, they have no use there as they are unemployed and can live anywhere

I would have a fantastic house if someone gave me £1600 a month to provide a roof over my head, and thats just the rent dont forget council tax is high on these properties too

I

Ian

that's a good idea there Brian. I too ended up on jobseekers when I got made redundant a couple of years ago. it was the most depressing time of my life. I didn't have anything to get up for but forced myself to job hunt 8 hours a day. It took me 2 months to get a temporary job and then another 2 months to get a permanent job. Probably the worst 4 months of my life.

If everyone had this attitude to work, and seeking work, the economy and country would not be in the state it is, and this thread wouldn't exist! So we'd all have to find something else to moan about!

D

Deleted member 9966

If everyone had this attitude to work, and seeking work, the economy and country would not be in the state it is, and this thread wouldn't exist! So we'd all have to find something else to moan about!

they used to have this kind of attitude in Poland too. If you were unemployed, the state gave you a job, like street cleaning. The streets in Warsaw were immaculate. No litter, no graffiti, no chewing gum... absolutely splendid.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
You've got me started now Dan!!! Here's another thing that I don't get, why aren't people who claim job seekers allowance, or the dole if you prefer, made to earn that money they receive? Surely if they were made to clean the streets, empty bins, paint buildings etc, then they would be giving something back to the community. They'd soon realise that getting a proper job would give them a better quality of life and that nothing in life is free. ( i'm not taking anything away from the people who do the jobs I mentioned just used them as examples, so don't shoot me down!!!)

That's a bloody brilliant idea actually, I wonder why they don't do that.

D

david campbell

i'm also for a community service type of job(sweeping streets,cleaning grafitti,picking up dog poo) for anyone who hasn't worked in 6 months,but keep them on the £50 odd a week benefit money for 40 hours,they will start getting there finger out there backside and look for a proper job in no time! failing that ship them all onto an island then blow it up they aren't worth a damn to the rest of the working population anyway and won't be missed

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
the only thing I will take you to task on Dan is blaming labour, the roots of this problem go back to the last tory administration, they wanted to bring wages down and break the unions, they did this with mass unemployment. stoke area was one of the hardest hit in the uk. the last labour administration poured money into the hardest hit areas to rejuvinate them, the results of having that investment stopped is yet to filter through

as for the rest of your post, I agree

why should we pay the rents for unemployed families to live in central london, they have no use there as they are unemployed and can live anywhere

I would have a fantastic house if someone gave me £1600 a month to provide a roof over my head, and thats just the rent dont forget council tax is high on these properties too

You may be right there fella but I tell you what, when the tories were last in Stoke was thriving. We had very little unemployment and dozens of pot banks exporting to the rest of the world. Only when Labour came in did we end up importing our own pottery?!?! which is crazy. The last few survivors are just about getting better again with Portmerion's local shop reporting doubled sales since last year's recession - the result of labour yet again.

Most of my mothers side of my family were potters, and most of my fathers double glazers be it manufacturing or fitting. And Labour's poor runnings in the last 13 years have pretty much caused the lot to find alternate work for and for much less pay.

I don't think you'll ever convince me this labour was good. And you have to be honest and say the last tories are not the same as this and they don't have the same problems which I'm sure get worse and include more red tape and regulations from EU and the like that old tories would never have got through easily.

I'm well up for giving this government a chance and think Milliband is a plonker and well out of his league - as well has both of the brothers having a naselly voice that I can't listen to for any longer than a few sentences. :lol:

Reply to £400 a week cap on benefits, good or bad? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Tilers Forums .co.uk Forum Rules - Last Updated 08/12/08 Note from Dan & Dave: We aim to make...
Replies
Views
D
The following is an article written by an eminent stone professional in the USA - please read it...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Staffordshire, UK
Website
https://www.tilersforums.co.uk
What member type are you?
  1. DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Business Name
Ekthetikos / untold.media

Thread Information

Title
£400 a week cap on benefits, good or bad?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks