Discuss £400 a week cap on benefits, good or bad? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
i'm also for a community service type of job(sweeping streets,cleaning grafitti,picking up dog poo) for anyone who hasn't worked in 6 months,but keep them on the £50 odd a week benefit money for 40 hours,they will start getting there finger out there backside and look for a proper job in no time! failing that ship them all onto an island then blow it up they aren't worth a damn to the rest of the working population anyway and won't be missed

I think once you've been on the dole for 12 months and not proven your capable of at least applying for jobs, then it should be stopped as it's a lost cause. There's plenty of help when it comes to knocking up a CV or finding positions.

I'm sure the BBC reported the other day that some of the worst area's for unemployment have jobs going in the job centre! Liverpool was worst for it apparently (struggling to find the article now).

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Nah I think Libdems get shunned quite a bit by Conservatives. Seen quite a few of Clegg's conferences and he's always replying to people saying 'why aren't our policies that we voted for you for being introduced?' with 'because we got the least amount of votes out of the main three parties, we're simply not in power'.

I think it's a small stumbling block for tories and one I hope wont exist after the next election.

To be honest though I would rather have libdems in that labour again.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
I have nowt but contempt for this cap of £400. Like GRR I work bloomin hard to pay my own way in the world. My mortgage costs me £400 a month. Not much I know in terms of mortgages. to think that some lazy swine who does not work for his or her living is getting 4 times my mortgage without any contribution at all makes my blood boil. Everyone in this country who is on benefits should be made to work for it. There are thousands upon thousands of jobs available - community work, volunteering, digging old peoples gardens, doing the shopping for disabled people, delivering tax demands for the government ....... plenty of worthwhile stuff to do.

Last edited:
M

mikethetile

they are capping it at £400 Ajax. at the moment if your rents 3k a month. not unusual in central London as rents are pegged to property values then the rents being paid as well as the council tax

some claimants are living in multi million pound properties and are costing the taxpayer 100s k a year and there are afew on 500k a year

these are the people they are complaining about having to move out of london and live in watford or luton

well my heart bleeds for them

maida vale to luton, how the mighty have fallen

they should be gratefull the state puts a roof over their head. you go and ask for a free house and see how far you get

Y

YourTiler

It's been made all too easy to live on benefits IMO. Ok I'm not young:yikes::lol: but like others have been brought up to support myself and work for a living.
They get way too much money to sit at home all day watching Sky on their 40" TV's sat in their labelled clothing
The reason they're all complaining is they are loosing their luxuries.... Their living is paid for the benefits help sustain their easy life style......................
Good idea to cap it Yes. They need to come back to the real world !!!!!!!

I had to sign on for a short time a few years ago and they make you feel like useless idlers and they DON'T help you back to work - that's a load o' crap. They tell you what you should do and that's just about it

...............RANT .............RANT.................ETC

AND.................. Our communities would be fantastic places if they worked to tidy it to earn the money. It would save the councils spending £1000's on pretty flower beds and making towns look pretty. Show me a family that lives in a *******flowerbed

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Aston

i actually now think this new government are doing a decent job.
i voted labour because i was worried that the conservatives would be too severe with cuts and the economy wouldnt grow bla bla....the economy has now shown growth and the uk's credit rating has been upped too! so the cuts are working statistically...the worry comes when the interest rates start to kick in?

the benefits system is a joke. we have a lot of greedy, lazy people in the uk and it needs addressing bigtime! but we all have to look in the mirror if we are not to be classed as hypocrites....

if you smoke, drink too much and eat a poor diet, then you are a burden on the health system! is that fair comment too?
if you dont do your bit to recycle or reduce your carbon emmisions, then your a burden on the uk's enviroment
if you dont pay all your taxes, then you are a burden on the economic front...

you have to judge situations on individual merits. we have a bad culture in the uk. its going to take years to address it. maybe as i have said many times, the answers to the future are in the past??

a country is land, the people are its economy....we need to bring back pride, hard work and reward to people who want to improve & pioneer the uk again!! bring that back and you'll see change...its ironic how our country was at its best in adversity during 2 world wars!!! no depression then! no binging on dead head food! just a need to survive and make the best of a bad situation.

hard times reveal true character! maybe the hard times ahead might just be what the benefit reliant people need to wake them up?
who knows, i'm just another voice, with another view?

ps, im not having a go at smokers/drinkers/etc etc, what you do is your/our choice, just adding some food for thought thats all :0)

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mikethetile

What about the rich who dont pay any tax, shouldn't they pay like the rest of us. Why should i pay far more tax than some fat cat who lives in a big fancy house.

any fat cat that resides in a big fancy house in the uk pays tax @ 40% on their personal earnings and further tax on any business they own

I seriously doubt you pay more tax than they do

Reply to £400 a week cap on benefits, good or bad? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Tilers Forums .co.uk Forum Rules - Last Updated 08/12/08 Note from Dan & Dave: We aim to make...
Replies
Views
D
The following is an article written by an eminent stone professional in the USA - please read it...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Staffordshire, UK
Website
https://www.tilersforums.co.uk
What member type are you?
  1. DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Business Name
Ekthetikos / untold.media

Thread Information

Title
£400 a week cap on benefits, good or bad?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.