Discuss £400 a week cap on benefits, good or bad? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doug boardley

I think we can tear a page out of ozs book on immigration

quite a few of my mates went, I couldnt as I had heart problems, they had to first be skilled to an acceptable standard. fit and healthy, young enough so they paid enough tax etc before retiring and take with them enough money to support themselves fully while they sought work

why cant we insist on the same thing
Probably "guilt" feeling, from all the countries we robbed and plundered when we had the empire.

D

Daz

I've kinda tackled this from both ends.
I agree with the capping and I have a real issue with the "spongers".
However, "they" are part of our society, so I bought a house and I rent it out to DSS tenants. I can charge a higher rate than for a private tenant and the rent is paid direct from the government, no hassles with arrears.
It doesn't resolve the issue but at least I get something out of it, too!

C

craig1010

I couldn't agree more. The people that sit about claiming benefits are usually the very people that say we should all be equal, no rich and no poor. Little do they realise that within no time they'd all be skint again and the ones willing to work would be better off again. My dad always said that nothing is for nothing... you have to work for it. The system here is a joke and only encourages laziness. Get them all out removing graffiti and painting, and cutting grass. If they don't want to, let them sleep under a bridge. They'll soon get the picture.

Reply to £400 a week cap on benefits, good or bad? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Tilers Forums .co.uk Forum Rules - Last Updated 08/12/08 Note from Dan & Dave: We aim to make...
Replies
Views
D
The following is an article written by an eminent stone professional in the USA - please read it...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Staffordshire, UK
Website
https://www.tilersforums.co.uk
What member type are you?
  1. DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Business Name
Ekthetikos / untold.media

Thread Information

Title
£400 a week cap on benefits, good or bad?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.