Discuss Advice please. Tiles not flat. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Cutiecat

Right got about 35 tiles left and they are all very flat. They were not cheap tiles bought for a good supplier.

Is this something that can be patched or do the whole load have to come off and start again. If more are needed who should pay for them?

Thank you so much for your help. I am at a total loss as to how to deal with this as 8 months pregnant. Should I get the architect to deal with it or would it be better to come from me. I am a total push over and don't want to offend wnyone.

D

Daz

The finished job is shocking IMO. I presume that the "new" wall was built by the builder and therefore he should have made sure that it was suitable to tile before commencing.
If the tiles were not flat, this should have been demonstrated and alternative options (i.e. change tiles or layout) should have been discussed prior to work commencing.

I suggest that you discuss with your architect the "quality" of the work and get the architect to raise the issue with the builder if you are not comfortable of bringing to their attention collectively. Whilst you are discussing the tiling with your architect, can you ask why plywood has been used in a wet area and what tanking (waterproofing) has been applied prior to tiling, please? The walls should have been built using, preferably, cement boards or cement lined poly-core boards which don't require tanking, or at least plasterboards that were subsequently tanked prior to tiling.

Unfortunately, this is not going to be a quick fix as the walls are constructed incorrectly and the wall tiling is a secondary inconvenience, IMO.

Good luck,

Daz

Reply to Advice please. Tiles not flat. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, We employed a tiler to lay some rectified wood effect planks in a herringbone pattern…...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Advice please. Tiles not flat.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.