Discuss Advice please. Tiles not flat. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Cutiecat

Whitebeam - Architect is a male mid 40s wet blanket. Was great when we had planning issues but not sure he cuts the mustard on site.

Kilty - I am so worried about creating bad feeling with the builder when so much work remains to be done. I have just been in a last night check of things and already can see where a section around the window i asked to be redone is proud of the edging strip. First thing i am going to talk the the builder and suggest that he gets a pro in. In between packed lunches, dressing and feeding the munchkins.

And breathe.

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
hello again cat i understand you have a lot on your hands with the kids and pregnancy etc

so hes re done a wall and its still not up to scratch...personally if it was me i would not be happy about him doing lots more work in my property if this is how he deals with his mistakes.
i would ask him to stop ,hes had a 2nd chance to rectify and hes done the same again
i would advise himi you want to vet and get your own tiler in for the tiling works and he will be paying them

you have to tell them straight if its not going to be done right then leave

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
having read this thread,you need to sort the builder out. if its not up to scratch,again,get them to get a tiler in,don't give them any more money. show them some tiling jobs on this forum,to show what it should be like.
your builder should know whats right and wrong,what is his other work like?

on any of my jobs,if something don't look right to my eye,the day after,be it me or my lads work,i will put it right straight away.

also,i have never seen a pregnant women so calm,you lot are usually mad as a hatter,crazy as a wolf,the devil incarnate,well my mrs was:yikes::lol:

C

Cutiecat

Well a lot of tiles have come off today. I would say about 50%, he is doing his best to rectify it. He is stull a bit annoyed that I called the architect in as he said I should have spoken to him, he said he doesn't want to be associated with bad work. Well sorry mate, you (or your blokes) did the work. I am just the one shelling out all the cash for the job. He has promised that if I am not happy with it he will take the whole lot off and do it again.

Bear in mind that I am good at being a real ***** when I am typing but to his face I am a total pansy.

Widler - This is number 3 baby and I think I am taking it better this time. Having said that my husband probably thinks I am the sister of Satan which is why he works away so much!

D

Daz

To be honest, tanking is not as important if the area is not going to be used for a shower, however, you are about to introduce your third child to this world. In my experience, water goes everywhere at children's bathtimes so would still be advised.

I prefer to use a membrane tanking as opposed to a paint on system so the pic below is of a "membrane" tanked area. I, unfortunately, had to use a paint on tanking today so will try and remember to take a pic tomorrow morning and get it posted here tomorrow evening, too.

Any chance of a pic of the "un-tiled" ply, please? There is a possibility, depending on the adhesive previously used, that the plywood has become contaminated and will require replacement anyway.

Tanking:

IMG_0027.jpg

Reply to Advice please. Tiles not flat. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, We employed a tiler to lay some rectified wood effect planks in a herringbone pattern…...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Advice please. Tiles not flat.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.