Discuss Angle grinder wheels in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

While I know that the likes of Marcrist Norton and Montolit produce some fine wheels for cutting. Sometimes they can be overkill. I have been thinking of the more reasonably priced wheels for ceramics. For porcelain I would still favour the higher spec wheel.
Over the past year I have had someone knock the grinder off a bench and the wheel was then dented and useless...another £40 !
I have also had my grinder used for cutting metal trim and the wheel was never the same again.

I know Sigma have a range of 115mm wheels but havent seen any in the shops to buy. Being a Sigma man it would be nice to try one . Or in fact any other decent quality wheels....lets say around the £20 mark.

Anyone using wheels in this price range and if so what type and what is the verdict.
Ceramics mainly with maybe the odd cut in porcelain ?

Surrey
Have a right lines blade on my small wet saw and it's brilliant. Ats diamond tools does premium blades for a tenner, night be worth looking him up. Supposedly they're just unbranded versions of good wheels.

After watching how good the ATS hole cutter performed on this test thread http://www.tilersforums.com/tiling-forum/61691-testing-thread-2.html#post632863 I will definitely not be put off by low cost options in the future - it out performed hole cutters costing way more.

Cutting discs, polishing pads items in ATS Diamond Tools store on eBay!

G

Gazzer

D

DHTiling

Just to point out for safety sake.. do not buy the Rubi BL porcelain 115mm blades.. i had 2 break on me and could have had a serious accident and ZERO reply from Rubi after i handed the 2 blades back to them to examine...

My local CTD then pulled them from sales but still no response as to why they shattered like they did.. IMO just as usual with this BL range .. cheap chinese rubbish.

C

charlie1

Just to point out for safety sake.. do not buy the Rubi BL porcelain 115mm blades.. i had 2 break on me and could have had a serious accident and ZERO reply from Rubi after i handed the 2 blades back to them to examine...

My local CTD then pulled them from sales but still no response as to why they shattered like they did.. IMO just as usual with this BL range .. cheap chinese rubbish.

jees!.. thats my worst nightmaire, always been afraid of grinder blade shattering on me!! If my blade becomes chiped at all then in the bin it goes!!

Reply to Angle grinder wheels in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All, hope you're all busy and well. Quick query: setting a floor with Porcelanosa 660 x 440...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
Hi I have a 900 x 900 shower enclosure that was showing some dampness through the grout joints...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
J
Hi I am looking for a blade for my angle grinder for cutting ceramic tiles can anyone...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
Hi all Just joined the forum, have visited many times before ,when I needed advice and...
Replies
Views
Perfect Tiling
P

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB