Discuss Anhydrite screed........ in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Andy @Localtiler has just kitted himself out with a budget type set up.
A 7” grinder and diamond cup for about £200 I think. And his dust extraction was around £3-400 approx. But that’s only from vague memory Andy, I’m sure he’ll let you know exactly.
He will probably be ill tomorrow..:)

F

Flintstone

I got my set up earlier this year I think it was, about £100 for grinder £100 for the dust cowel and £100 for the diamond cup. I got good ones so you could go cheaper. What vac have you got ? I have a dust extractor, not m class but it's a league above a Henry. i started just with that but the filter clogs after about 5sqm so I invested in a cyclone which allows you to sand all day without a clogged filter, you just take the standard pladtic bag off the cyclone and replace. Brilliant. I've sanded about 5 or 6 different floors this year alone. Over 200 Sqm pm me if you want to talk more about it and prices Andy

O

Old Mod

Big fat zero....
Tbh there not that popular down here.
I priced one about 3 years ago, but he was rushing to get it done, and it was still wet, so passed on it..
Last one I tiled was about 10 years ago !
I’d hire your sanding gear mate, you’d only need it for a couple days max, probably one.
The likes of Brandon do complete set ups, including dust extraction.
Think that’s the way I’d go in your situation mate.
Do you good to do it yourself, least you'll learn. If you farm it out, you’ll be no better off.
Think that’s how I’d proceeed mate.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Big fat zero....
I priced one about 3 years ago, but he was rushing to get it done, and it was still wet, so passed on it..
The reason there aren't many of them down there's that there are very few suppliers so availability is not great. Once we get supply going I can say with some confidence that they will grow in popularity just like everywhere else that they are available.

Big fat zero....

Andy, I see youre just around the corner from me and I'm in in the sanding business as well. If you pm me, I am happy to give you some advice about what setup you will need and what actually works or I'll even come and do it for you and you can give it a go yourself so you can see what you need if you want to invest in some gear ( its nowhere near £10 per metre, cheaper than that)
Mike

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Anhydrite screed........ in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone I’m after a bit of advice. I’ve just removed the floor tiles in our on suite. After...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, We're having our downstairs tiles installed soon, about 82m2 of 1.2x1.2m square...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi I asked the Wunda technical department if I can just use a Ditra mat only and not the SLC...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB