Discuss Another Van thread in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

For the last 10 years I have made do with estate cars and an MPV due to personal circumstances. Its now approaching a time where I need to change car anyway and a van is high on the list.
Now I dont want to get into the brand slanging that usually happens when discussing vans but more the size of van that I can get away with.

My criterea is ....
This will be my only vehicle
3 seats minimum
Diesel engine
One side door (not 2)

Now can I get away with a smaller van or a Transit size. Its not often I carry Plasterboard or large sheet materials but it would be nice to have the option. A smaller van should give better fuel economy than a larger one.
If I undersize myself with the van then I am limited, If I oversize then I either have a half empty van or end up carrying too much !!

I really cant work out which way to go with this. Any thoughts ?

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I Have just swapped my old Peugeot Expert for a 07 Transit 2.2D sport van, well pleased with it up to now. I have had all types of vans in the past, bigger and smaller. As said the bigger the van the more you fill it, my next task is to empty the Peugeot, and take out the safe so I can fit it in the Transit, I hope I can keep the Transit a bit more tidy than I did the Peugeot. My vans have always been a standing joke with my local tile shops, I win the most overloaded van prize every year.:yikes:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
I Have just swapped my old Peugeot Expert for a 07 Transit 2.2D sport van, well pleased with it up to now. I have had all types of vans in the past, bigger and smaller. As said the bigger the van the more you fill it, my next task is to empty the Peugeot, and take out the safe so I can fit it in the Transit, I hope I can keep the Transit a bit more tidy than I did the Peugeot. My vans have always been a standing joke with my local tile shops, I win the most overloaded van prize every year.:yikes:

You just need a bigger safe for all that cash you earn Phil :thumbsup:

I wish I enough £20 notes to make them look untidy.

E

enduro

Got a Peugeot Expert 2.0 HDI fantastic van. peugeot.jpg

T

thfc191

Hi i have 56 nissan primastar 85k , had a bad sqeaking noise when i went over speed bumps had to replaced 2 new plates that the ball joints sit on last year both sides , got the parts from eurpoarts £160 plus mechanics fees , went for a mot this year failed saying 1 plate has too much play so went back to euro parts and as they were a year and 4 weeks they wont do any thing , so had to but 2 new nissan plates £270 plus mechanics fees again , so lesson learnt i wont be buying major parts for the van other than manufactures , guys who have the trafic vivaro primaster be careful of this and also i have heard if you get a engine management light come up with injector problems beware this is expensive changing injectors

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Another Van thread in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Is your work vehicle a Petrol or Diesel engine ... .? I've always had a diesel van but seeing...
Replies
Views
C
Good afternoon chaps/ladies, As I'm currently just starting out on my own, the time has come...
Replies
Views
Clydesider
C
I had a brain wave .. bri stop laffing i do have them .. What about a thread on lets see your...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
D
Ok, this is a thread for members to get ideas for livery/graphics etc for vans... So if we...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
PJ Tiling
P
He's working down here for a guy from back home, (NE). He picked up his new car last week, 09...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB