Discuss any advice re bad tiling job would be appreciated in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

charlie1

but we are not talking about buses here ,so i take it that if i was to be able to do the job next week you would be hesitant to use me

Being a tiler with my own standards I'd be hesitant using anyone but putting myself in ms smiths shoes, I think it would be wise to query the fact you where not busy. Having said that, if you portfolio of work looked impressive, you where priced reasonably and you could satisfy any questions I may have then you would be in with a good shout... I'd give your chances 1:3 depending on how well you came across.

C

charlie1

charlie it must be the way you are saying it then ,so if you could do a job next week would you tell the customer that you couldnt do it for a couple of months to make you look better and busy

It's been a while since I was ever in the position to tell a customer I could do a job at a weeks notice, I work for a fitting team you see and fill about 60 % of my diary through out the year, Having said that, this week has not been busy for me because a job has been delayed, no panic though! Would I tell a customer I could do a job next week? Yes, if I had too but I would leave the customer in no doubt about my ability.

charlie ,talking the talk is not walking the walk,as you may know i have over 40 years in this job ,now in my eyes that is a lot of tiles fixed and a lot of experience under my belt ,time served ,no courses which i dont believe in and they teach you next to nothing on the job training one to one ,worked all over the world ,worked for royalty am as good as the next tiler,i always say to the customer you dont pay me untill you are happy ,no one owes me any money ,but it is quiet here

S

sparkle333

hes come and had a look today shook his head and said wot the hell has she done lol

I checked all his pics and happy with what I saw, seemed a nice guy, nice eye candy too oops that always helps lol

I have agreed to let him do the work, we have come to a compromise on some things due to me not having enough money to have the whole lot done, I didn't realise my stud wall would be completely ruined too before I accepted her offer, hes charging me £20 less than she did for the tiling and including the adhesive and grout in that for me.

hes starting tues to prep all walls floors, remove tiles etc ,that's all extra

money is my big problem as I only had x amount to do this, so I cant afford to do the whole lot but hes going to do 3 walls for me and leave the best one that's in shower cubicle that's not so noticeable, this was my decision

he also said I don't need so much heating mat as some is going under edge of bath and just put it in centre as it spreads across ceramic tiles ok, that should save me money to buy mat and costs to run it

ill try and get some pics on here when its done the following wk, might need a hand though, thx for everyones contribution

Reply to any advice re bad tiling job would be appreciated in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

First time poster here. For some context, I have a (mostly finished) tiny home with some really...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
any advice re bad tiling job would be appreciated
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Canada Tile Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond