Discuss any advice re bad tiling job would be appreciated in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I had a local camp site who have put big jobs my way for the last 4 years, cancel this years work at the last minute. That was 2 weeks work. A builder who I was due to start LAST Monday, postponed because tiles hadn't turned up. So it's been a duff 6 weeks really.

massive sickener, I had a 100m2 cancel before Christmas. proper done me over. things can only get better !

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
I had a local camp site who have put big jobs my way for the last 4 years, cancel this years work at the last minute. That was 2 weeks work. A builder who I was due to start LAST Monday, postponed because tiles hadn't turned up. So it's been a duff 6 weeks really.

you must be a crap tiler then if you can start a job right away...:lol:

I find most customers are more than happy when you can start asap....don't really get when some say there booked up for 3 months....whos going to wait 3 months for there bathroom to be tiled..?

S

sparkle333

yes she paid me for tiles, although at reduced price not what i paid but better than nothing lol, border, adhesive , grout, £50 for heating mat, plywood and £100 for labour to remove tiles.

ive had this quote today and if i have the whole lot done and this is mates rates then im going to be out of pocket £200 , thats without the mess, inconvenience filling up quite a lot of my skip that i need for other things , cleaning all the cement adhesive off my new loo if it comes off, then both my plumber and electrician are busy for wks cos they booked me for last wkend as it was supposed to be finished, so got to wait for all that too, all round its put me out of money, living in mess longer etc . but i suppose i got enough back to have the 3 walls and floor done, just not the shower wall as cant afford another £200

S

sparkle333

sort of, ive had a yr from hell really, nearly got killed by a drunk banned known crimimal a yr ago and im still not fully recovered with neck and bad still sore, and police cocked up on charging him so very sore point lol.

had tons of probs with this house having it renovated, i think i should have got a contractor in to do it all rather than me getting family , mates and some off mybuilder etc

C

charlie1

charlie ,talking the talk is not walking the walk,as you may know i have over 40 years in this job ,now in my eyes that is a lot of tiles fixed and a lot of experience under my belt ,time served ,no courses which i dont believe in and they teach you next to nothing on the job training one to one ,worked all over the world ,worked for royalty am as good as the next tiler,i always say to the customer you dont pay me untill you are happy ,no one owes me any money ,but it is quiet here

brian, I've no reason to disbelieve any of what you say, hope things pick up for you but here is an interesting comparison you may be able to relate to. Your on holiday with your wife and your looking for somewhere to eat. Right in front of you there are two restaurants with your favourite kind of food but one difference is... One is very busy and you may need to wait 30 mins and one is dead and can serve you right away... What one do you pick?

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
brian, I've no reason to disbelieve any of what you say, hope things pick up for you but here is an interesting comparison you may be able to relate to. Your on holiday with your wife and your looking for somewhere to eat. Right in front of you there are two restaurants with your favourite kind of food but one difference is... One is very busy and you may need to wait 30 mins and one is dead and can serve you right away... What one do you pick?

Would it be the one where the waitress has the biggest ........

Reply to any advice re bad tiling job would be appreciated in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

First time poster here. For some context, I have a (mostly finished) tiny home with some really...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
any advice re bad tiling job would be appreciated
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Canada Tile Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond