Discuss any advice re bad tiling job would be appreciated in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

sparkle333

im gutted to be honest , and the fact shes blaming the ceramic tiles for being bowed and the walls being out is not an excuse for shoddy work, shes grouted over some of the adhesive, shes put floor tiles down and left edges hanging with nothing supporting them underneath, ive got silly cuts left all over the place, ive been told side of the sink will have to have an inch cut if left as it is which will look stupid and the loo shes going to have to grout about 2/3 ins around it cos of the way shes laid floor and not taken loo out

S

sparkle333

shes advertised on mybuilder website, and shes got great feedback for plastering but advertises as a tiler too, i just thought being a woman she would do a nice tidy clean job as ive had some workmen from hell in my house and clearly i was wrong, and shes told me floor tiles that have been down since tues, she left here weds have broken due to excessive misuse by me omg and the 2 chipped tiles on the wall i have damaged on purpose after she left , fancy saying that to me

S

sparkle333

who will be responsible for paying the costs for removing all the tiles, buying new tiles, borders and adhesive and if my underfloor heating is damaged ,thats more than i owe her for the job :-( im really worried about this, its my word against hers on some things, although i couldnt damage tiles on wall that have been grouted. what is the worst bits of her tiling, i had builder round on fri to quote me for another job and he was appalled and said 4/10 max and said i feel really sorry for u but please dont pay her til she sorts all these problems out and you get underfloor heating tested once its all dried

W

White Room

shes advertised on mybuilder website, and shes got great feedback for plastering but advertises as a tiler too, i just thought being a woman she would do a nice tidy clean job as ive had some workmen from hell in my house and clearly i was wrong, and shes told me floor tiles that have been down since tues, she left here weds have broken due to excessive misuse by me omg and the 2 chipped tiles on the wall i have damaged on purpose after she left , fancy saying that to me

I do wonder about some of the feedback on some of those sites....

oh my ,what a mess ,a total discrace,the only thing i can see here to do is take it all down and start afresh,give the so called tiler a chance ,but from what i can see its a total re-tile and should be at her expence and if she refuses im afraid i would take that mess to court with plenty of pictures as evidence ,we dont need theese cowboys and cowgirls giving our trade a bad name with jobs like that ,i feel so sorry for you

S

sparkle333

its very easy to blame the walls, floors, tiles etc and not ur work which is what shes doing and me lol, she took on the job and if the walls were slightly out its not an excuse for some of the things shes done, ive been told shes obviously started at the bottom and side instead of centre to have small cuts at the top and side. my daughter is a senior estate agent she came today and said if i sell house i could have house reduced cos it would need retiling omg what a carry on. i hate any confrontations and shes refusing to accept any faults

S

sparkle333

i will consider leaving negative feedback if she doesnt accept any responsibility which i know shes not going too, there is no way shes going to take all tiles off and pay for new ones and retile it , all she keeps saying is he walls were so badly out thats why they are a bit uneven, shes used 3 tubs of 15 kilo ready mixed adhesive and 3 x 20 kilo bags of mix yourself adhesive and will need 1 more, walls are 15 sq m and floor 3.5 sq m !!!

S

sparkle333

yes i bought flexible adhesive for the flooring. and proper waterproof adhesive tubs for the shower area of the bathroom, shes got all her tools here sat in the shower tray im hoping now thats not scratched and damaged too. do you think if i just got the area around window where its worse i could deal with all the thin cuts etc, or after a time will really get me down. its going to cost £100 's of pounds that i know i wont get off her easily i can see she had liability but bet she wont want to use that

W

White Room

yes i bought flexible adhesive for the flooring. and proper waterproof adhesive tubs for the shower area of the bathroom, shes got all her tools here sat in the shower tray im hoping now thats not scratched and damaged too. do you think if i just got the area around window where its worse i could deal with all the thin cuts etc, or after a time will really get me down. its going to cost £100 's of pounds that i know i wont get off her easily i can see she had liability but bet she wont want to use that

Her public liability would not be used for bad workmanship just for any damages to your property.

S

sparkle333

shes not used tubbed adhesive all over the walls just in some areas cos she said walls were so bad had to put on extra thick, shes a plasterer and should have known, she told me on 2nd day that the walls should have been skimmed grr. she put down flexible floor adhesive on top of heating mat and then tiles on top of that, im worried my floor heating will be damaged if tiles are removed

Reply to any advice re bad tiling job would be appreciated in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB