Discuss any advice re bad tiling job would be appreciated in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

Its as you have said , Mosaic is not flush and tiles not even in line with the next joint. There is serious lippage to the tiling. The floor tiles have broken due to not having adhesive under them . The setting out is poor, wall tile joints do not line up, cutting is poor. Really the tiling shoud have been taken behind the vanity unit.
Adhesive in the joints showing through.
Grout residue on the walls in places.

Q

Qwerty

No worries, my lips are sealed. I draw your attention to her opening line- "I value every sized job I undertake, as I believe you are only as good as your last piece of work. I believe it is imperative to have a good working reputation, and so ensure that my work always reflects my professionalism." (I'm assuming I found the right trader!!!)
That's not what I see from her work. I wish you all the very best. Her tiling is far from acceptable in all aspects

S

sparkle333

border is sunk in and out all around the room , the walls were not good i will say that , but at the end of the day she knew that and took job on knowing that. lipping on tiles all around room is worse that pics showing but thats due to walls not being that level she said. the tile under window sill in middle isnt as high as others so will show when edging goes on. are these slim cuts side and bottom wrong ?

S

sparkle333

its done to finances thats my problem i dont have any funds to have to pay out and have all this redone, i allocated so much money for each job im having done and have used all the tiling money up, so unless i dont have to pay her and the tiles and adhesive doesnt come to more than i owe her and the heating mats are ok, then ill have enough, does anyone know if flexible floor adhesive ruins heating mats when tiles are removed

G

Gazzer

one more pic
011 (1224 x 1632).jpg

Reply to any advice re bad tiling job would be appreciated in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB