Discuss any advice re bad tiling job would be appreciated in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

sparkle333

she clearly has no idea what shes doing, i dont know anything about tiling so i put my trust in her, it was only when i was sat in bath on thurs and looked up at tiles i noticed so many mistakes around the bath, chipped tile, out of alignment tiles etc, then i got picky , and ive had a few comments about what a bad job thats been done from family and friends that alarm bells starting ringing

O

One Day

Truly awful work there (and the 18mm wbp ply DOES look like OSB board to me).

Problem is when these things go legal you would without doubt win, but then what?
She has a CCJ and has to pay you £10 a month for ever?

The only successful case I've come across was a guy who used the legal cover on his home insurance policy to successfully sue a bad tiler. It took two years but he managed to get his money back in one hit - the insurers realised it would take too long so THEY paid him out.
I got the job after doing an initial report for the insurer.

W

White Room

Truly awful work there (and the 18mm wbp ply DOES look like OSB board to me).

Problem is when these things go legal you would without doubt win, but then what?
She has a CCJ and has to pay you £10 a month for ever?

The only successful case I've come across was a guy who used the legal cover on his home insurance policy to successfully sue a bad tiler. It took two years but he managed to get his money back in one hit - the insurers realised it would take too long so THEY paid him out.
I got the job after doing an initial report for the insurer.

And I thought it was my eyes....

S

sparkle333

thats a possibility i could check on, but they are dealing with removal company that damaged a lot of my furniture too at the mo, and hes with same ins as me so they are looking at claiming off him as hes also denying it ive had a right nightmare of a time recently , im so honest too and get taken advantage of, its no fair :-(

ive just got that info re flooring off my receipt no idea what OSB board means, it says 18mm bb/cc exterior wbp plywood, what ever that means

thx for mentioning that every bit of information might help me

S

sparkle333

same as all these other chancers who think they can tile ! I bet you that's her kitchen...thought this is easy lets make a living from it.

did u say you have kids ?

yes i have a 14 yr old daughter living with me. u have a good point there cos she told me it was doing up her house she decided to go into plastering and tiling, never thought about that til you just said that , ill ring trading standards this morning, shes not responded to me since i emailed the actual photos !!

Reply to any advice re bad tiling job would be appreciated in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB