Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone Dealing With Topps Tiles?? in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com.

T

TT Tiling

would never use them ,they make it up as they go , :welcome:, the guys girls on here will point you in the right direction :thumbsup:

C

Ceramico tiling

the manager you get in your local store can make a big difference to how you get on with dealing with them

tile giant recognise this and our local tg manager is ex topps but has no silly rules to giving trade

Funny you should say that,,The manager of the tops in
Streatham London was just saying that to me today when I commented on how friendly the store was.Got a trade acc there no probs.Just required a few reciepts and a bussiness card.

Reaction score
Been catching up after a week away - very interesting cross section of Topps Tiles Trade experience.

With a selection of tile retailers available to me within 15 miles (including Topps, Tileflair and Tile Giant) I gotta say Topps experiences are very bad. Overpriced adhesives/grouts, very poor discounts offered, little interest in cultivating trade custom, and supplying poor quality (damaged) tiles.

In comparison, both Tile Giant and Tileflair have been helpful, given great discounts - supplied adhesives and grouts at very competative prices, and genuinely seem to encourage and support trade custom.

Somebody told me that Topps Tiles shops vary according to managers. Could be true - in which case steer clear of my nearest Topps (Somerset) - thats where the most of the bad experiences happened!

W

White Room

Was in Topps today and was told that Bal is the Rolls Royce of adhesive, I know a few guys who would disagree

M

mikethetile

rolls royce prices too

a ford mondeo will get you there in comfort and in the same time, so what are we paying for

posh bags??

DJS

TF
Reaction score
What wrong with MAPEI bags Mike - not colourful enough for ya? :lol:

I'll use TOPPS, but only if I'm in urgent need of something and I know my local tile shop won't be able to get it in for a few days. Rolls Royce must be a topps saying they promote nationally - the guy in Manchester said it to me when I picked up my card.

I get a reasonable discount on the add-on's, but I don't like the quality of the tiles most of all.

I try to steer customers towards my local independant shop, but I also have to accept (from experience) that some people feel re-assured by a big brand name like TOPPS!! I feel dirty saying that :lol: I take time to explain the differences in manufacture and quality, but the £££'s are all the customer care's about at the end of the day. I am more than happy to leave it as their decision, and just advise them accordingly.

I wish Tile Giant was nearer to me, is the only one in Manchester/Stockport area way out in Ashton, East Manchester?

S

swindonbathroom

Topps Tiles Swindon obviously didn't like my review of my experiences with them. It appears that anyone not using "Bal" is using inferior products and only doing so to make a quick buck at the expense of the customer. Anyone who questions the cost is also trying to bully their staff.
Seems like I've hit a nerve!!

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mikethetile

Topps Tiles Swindon obviously didn't like my review of my experiences with them. It appears that anyone not using "Bal" is using inferior products and only doing so to make a quick buck at the expense of the customer. Anyone who questions the cost is also trying to bully their staff.
Seems like I've hit a nerve!!
whoops:lol:

I wonder if they liked the rest of thread:prrr:

Reaction score
I have been told by a mate that if a store is a big earner then you dont get this sort of thing happening, but the stores that struggle to meet sales targets to try to push sales a lot more. although i dont know what sort of sales figures swindon has. I do know the store i use in cheadle is a big earner for topps.

Reply to Anyone Dealing With Topps Tiles?? in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen