Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone Dealing With Topps Tiles?? in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Fair play mate. Nobody's bullying them here. They're national and clearly there would be differences between stores. And obviously different views on any policies that are nationally enforced.

S

swindonbathroom

Hi sstiling ,

with any business relationships are key.

I knew the staff in Topps Swindon , I pointed my clients to them to buy tiles. I thought I was being a good contact for them. Sure my clients didn't buy the add ons but in this climate any sale must be better than no sale at all. I didn't ask anything in return.

In my opinion Topps got greedy and thought they could bully me into allowing MY clients to buy the add ons from them. I now just now my clients to either Tile Store Or Giant Tile who welcome any business they get.

A key business point is someone happy with your service will tell one or two people , someone feeling aggrieved with your service will tell twenty two people !!

dptiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
always seem to get mixed batches of tiles. and they always trying and sell materials that are not needed...thats being on comission i surpose..

P

p4ulo

I've got a trade account with Topps down here, and I have always found them to be helpful and pretty cheap.
I don't buy tiles as they are always supplied for me by clients, (though since Pilkingtons went bust I send them all there and they use my trade acct to buy them!)
Trade trim and their own brand bagged addy is dirt cheap, but I recently used their Palace flexi and it was rather pricey....
There is a Tile Giant very nearby, I think I have to bin my "allegiance" and go check it out.......

D

doug boardley

I'm wondering if the sales assistant maybe tried charging me for a full pack of trims then, rather than just the one I wanted:yikes:

C

Ceramico tiling

just to add my two cents...Perhaps it is just the people in the different stores like everything theres prob good and bad ones.well I hope anyway as I will be getting a trade acc with them on saturday.:smart:

M

mikethetile

just to add my two cents...Perhaps it is just the people in the different stores like everything theres prob good and bad ones.well I hope anyway as I will be getting a trade acc with them on saturday.:smart:
the manager you get in your local store can make a big difference to how you get on with dealing with them

tile giant recognise this and our local tg manager is ex topps but has no silly rules to giving trade

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
used topps twice i think,,discount on tiles is zero,actually had 1 customer who chose tiles from them so i called them to see if she cd pay over the phone and no was the answer? tiles were cancelled and she bought elsewhere not my kind of shop to be honest,,the lass in edin branch did give me a free bag o adhesive though a month ago to try out which was nice of her:thumbsup:

Reply to Anyone Dealing With Topps Tiles?? in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen