Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Anyone electrically savvy?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Not sure if anyone can help out here or has had this happen to them as well?

Yesterday, when I was cutting with my DeWalt I was getting electric shocks when touching any of the metal parts with wet hands:yikes: Not massive belts I hasten to add but definite surges and jumps like when you lick the end of a square battery:mad2:

It was awful, but I persevered with the thought that it might have got dampness in somewhere and it would dry out over night:prrr:

Went back in today and the exact same thing was happening:mad2:put some vinyl gloves on and it stopped (obviously) but I was still catching it if I hit the metal with my elbow or arm:yikes:

Obviously this machine is only about 6 weeks or so old, so I'm hoping it's not that:incazzato: Could it have something to do with the electrical system in the house as it's still a building site??

sound's like power is going to earth but not cutting out, i would seek electrical help asap, and not use the cutter untill sorted or you might get the big shock and no more you mate

Do you think it's the cutter Dave??

Only I've used it a few times on other jobs without any bother, it's just been on this site it's happened:prrr: I know the joiner got a jump off the vacuum pipe yesterday as well:yikes:

I'd be gutted if it was my cutter:thumbsdown:

If the house mains isn't earthed yet, would this cause the same problem??

J

jay

2121.jpg
u need one of these highly recommend

you could try to connect to a different supply of power (another house)

its called a RCD portable power box by clipsal

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Anyone electrically savvy?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Replies
Views
Bit of a long read......but it made me chuckle a lot. Pocket Taser Stun Gun, a great gift...
Replies
Views
Dougs Third Go
D
D
Hello, I looked at this forum last week when I got to massive problems removing UFH and backing...
Replies
Views
D
T
Hello I’ve been setting tile for 35 years, however I’m now retired and moved from Wisconsin to...
Replies
Views
Topshop
T
U
I hope somebody can offer us some advice. We had an extension built last spring and have been...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Anyone electrically savvy??
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.