Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Anyone electrically savvy?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Went back to the job today, but no sparky:mad2:
Anyway, got stuck in with something else and low and behold who should turn up off the lunchtime ferry - the sparky:hurray:
Nailed him straight away with a triple barreled gun:lol:
1. I need a heated towel rail electrical point moved in the Master EnSuite:thumbsup:
2. I need you to look at wiring in a new central heating system in my Mother In Laws house:thumbsup:
3. My freeking hair stands on end every time I use my wet cutter:yikes:
So after he composed himself, he checked the mains DB:thumbsup:
And......

...... it's not my DeWalt - The earth had never been connected at the DB :hurray:
He reckons I would have been getting about 100volts going through me:yikes: and was very lucky to still be here to moan about it:lol:

U

united

Went back to the job today, but no sparky:mad2:
Anyway, got stuck in with something else and low and behold who should turn up off the lunchtime ferry - the sparky:hurray:
Nailed him straight away with a triple barreled gun:lol:
1. I need a heated towel rail electrical point moved in the Master EnSuite:thumbsup:
2. I need you to look at wiring in a new central heating system in my Mother In Laws house:thumbsup:
3. My freeking hair stands on end every time I use my wet cutter:yikes:
So after he composed himself, he checked the mains DB:thumbsup:
And......
...... it's not my DeWalt - The earth had never been connected at the DB :hurray:
He reckons I would have been getting about 100volts going through me and was very lucky to still be here to moan about it:lol:

Glad you got it sorted :thumbsup:

Joking apart, someone needs a good talking to about that earth not connected:thumbsdown:

The Sparky just said 'I don't know who wired the mains board in, it was before I got here!!':yikes:

Surely he should be checking things like that before he starts wiring a house up:yikes:

It's like me fixing 600x400 travertine to skimmed walls and when they all fall off saying 'I don't know who skimmed them walls, they were done before I got here!!':smilewinkgrin:

D

DHTiling

Reply from Roy at Dewalt..

Hi Dave,

This is a relatively rare experience although it does effect all electrical power tools as all electric motors leak current to some degree.

The D24000 uses a relatively high power motor, has lots of metallic contact points, is sat in a bath of water and is used in predominately wet or humid environments.

The PRCD circuit breaker we fit to the machine is already quite sensitive and is designed to trip at well below a level of electrical current that will harm the user.

It is also user dependant as well, some users are more sensitive to the current that others, open cuts also allow the current to reach the nerves much quicker too!

We hear about the problem much more in very humid climates.

Although I am am sure that the saw is safe to use my recommendation, as with all electrical concerns, would be to stop using the saw immediately and bring it in to Spennymoor or your nearest DEWALT Service Agent so that we can take a look at it and test the motor and PRCD.

Cheers,

Roy.

Posted even though you sorted it ,to show his reply..:)..

Reply to Anyone electrically savvy?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Replies
Views
Bit of a long read......but it made me chuckle a lot. Pocket Taser Stun Gun, a great gift...
Replies
Views
Dougs Third Go
D
D
Hello, I looked at this forum last week when I got to massive problems removing UFH and backing...
Replies
Views
D
T
Hello I’ve been setting tile for 35 years, however I’m now retired and moved from Wisconsin to...
Replies
Views
Topshop
T
U
I hope somebody can offer us some advice. We had an extension built last spring and have been...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Anyone electrically savvy??
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.