Discuss Anyone fancy carrying this guys tool bag for him in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I was really uncomfortable watching that. I'm pretty sure it would have been swaying a bit too.

When his mate jumped on the top, the pole the other one was vaugley holding but hooked on to swung inside the frame it had, it was as thick as his fist and the frame was about the same distance away from the pole (you'll have to look again probably lol) - so that bit at least swung 8 inch just right there in one move. I bet the whole thing wobbles with not just the wind but them blokes must shake it too.

Had a similar height experience skiing, in a gondola and I nearly cried in front of about 30 other people. And that's knowing eveythings fine as it's been working for years with no failures. Jumping about outside though is a totally different story.

The voice over bloke was like "and climbers call this free climbing, meaning they have no safety harness" I thought, I call that crazy. I bet they throw their bag off with it's own chute, and base jump off it too, knowing a couple of mad heads like them I wouldn't put it past them.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I think he was changing the bulb in that beacon light at the top which I guess it to warn aircraft at night

They need to get an LED one then! :lol: They go far less often.

Mad heads. Can't a chopper fly in and dangle a bloke to fix it and then pull the bloke back up? Nobody needs to be at that height with no harness. Those blokes must pay a fortune in life insurance lol

Reply to Anyone fancy carrying this guys tool bag for him in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone. Just had a tiler do some tiling on a job for me.. I was not on this job when he...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
T
So.... Signed up to the forum, looked at loads of threads (found the one about poor workmanship...
Replies
Views
Q
Alan from ATS diamond tools sent me a handful of new and untested vacuum brazed diamond core...
Replies
Views
G
Hi guys, After spending time carefully prepping a small ensuite with backer board, a local...
Replies
Views
SJPurdy
S
R
Hi, I'm not a pro tiler but am hoping to get a bit of advice from those who are. I'm laying...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Anyone fancy carrying this guys tool bag for him
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.