Discuss At what point do any of you use tubbed addy ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

the walls i tile i wouldnt imagane would be any different to the walls you tile ,i prefer to use ready mixed adhesive as that is what i have used since it appeared on the market and to be honest i have never had any problems,its not the size of the tile that matters is it its the weight,ready mixed adhesive has been around a long time now ,im sure if was no good they would have stopped selling it,i have no problem with anybody using powder if thats what they want to use ,the problem i have is with folk preaching and telling folk not to use it as if it is no good,i use granfix adhesives and grout ,now lets wait and hear everybody slate that because its not the right one

C

charlie1

theo walls i tile i wouldnt imagane would be any different to the walls you tile ,i prefer to use ready mixed adhesive as that is what i have used since it appeared on the market and to be honest i have never had any problems,its not the size of the tile that matters is it its the weight,ready mixed adhesive has been around a long time now ,im sure if was no good they would have stopped selling it,i have no problem with anybody using powder if thats what they want to use ,the problem i have is with folk preaching and telling folk not to use it as if it is no good,i use granfix adhesives and grout ,now lets wait and hear everybody slate that because its not the right one

Is love to see someone tiling on some of the walls I've had recently with ready mixed and large tiles. Last time I used was 4 months ago, all gear supplied, tiles where 400 x 250(ish) , my only saving grace waS that the walls where spot on so used an 8mm square notch. Do yourself a favor Brian, I know about old dogs and new tricks but if you have a CTD near you then try using Webber set + on the walls (white) I think you will be very surprised at how well it applies to the wall and it does work out cheaper too.

S

Spud

I use it from time to time depending on the tiles I am using and the substrate I am tiling on to , white star is the best tubbed sticky I have used and I have fixed thousands of square m2s with palace supergrip on site work over the years , if any one has done site work as a subby you will have had to use it at some point my adhesive of choice nowadays for wall tiling is tilemaster light weight powdered adhesive and mainly setaflex for floors

Somerset
I struggle to understand why a tiler would want to use dispersion adhesives. Especially on small jobs. For kitchen splashbacks its always rapid set flexible for me - I aim to tile and grout and out in a day. Tubbed addy means a return on another day and lost revenue. Tile repairs are always rapid set using warm water - I want to be tiled, grouted and out in a couple of hours. So if you tile for a living then its rapid set most of the time to make the jobs competitively priced and still profitable. I now like to tile using Tilemaster Adhesives standard set (slow setting) flexible light weight adhesive when tiling bathrooms. Outstanding grip and outstanding coverage - no need for batons - fix, twist and it stays put (even with 600x300 tiles) - I reckon this saves me nearly half a day when tiling a bathroom. Love it to bits.

C

charlie1

I struggle to understand why a tiler would want to use dispersion adhesives. Especially on small jobs. For kitchen splashbacks its always rapid set flexible for me - I aim to tile and grout and out in a day. Tubbed addy means a return on another day and lost revenue. Tile repairs are always rapid set using warm water - I want to be tiled, grouted and out in a couple of hours. So if you tile for a living then its rapid set most of the time to make the jobs competitively priced and still profitable. I now like to tile using Tilemaster Adhesives standard set (slow setting) flexible light weight adhesive when tiling bathrooms. Outstanding grip and outstanding coverage - no need for batons - fix, twist and it stays put (even with 600x300 tiles) - I reckon this saves me nearly half a day when tiling a bathroom. Love it to bits.

Thats outstanding performance "zero slippage " with 60 x 30.

T

The D

the walls i tile i wouldnt imagane would be any different to the walls you tile ,i prefer to use ready mixed adhesive as that is what i have used since it appeared on the market and to be honest i have never had any problems,its not the size of the tile that matters is it its the weight,ready mixed adhesive has been around a long time now ,im sure if was no good they would have stopped selling it,i have no problem with anybody using powder if thats what they want to use ,the problem i have is with folk preaching and telling folk not to use it as if it is no good,i use granfix adhesives and grout ,now lets wait and hear everybody slate that because its not the right one
Sorry m8 I know you don’t like being told you are wrong but you are wrong it is all about the size of the tile and has nothing to do with the weight. Like you I used ready mixed adhesive for a long time on site as the tile size allowed it but as the large format tiles became popular and then porcelain tiles come in to play on walls I can no longer use ready mixed for most of the jobs I get.
I do use it if I the situation allows me to but that is not very often.

Reply to At what point do any of you use tubbed addy ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Got a kitchen floor to do and it consists of a concrete floor which then meets a timber floor...
Replies
Views
I have a small ensuite that is 1950mm on 2 sides, the other two sides are 1850mm. I have 800mm...
Replies
Views
Alan Bentley
A
I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB