Discuss Attention to detail question on corners in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

blue_max

Further progress and a quick question please.

I've bridged the join between the two colours (shower screen going across on one wall) and was just debating whether to grout or silicone the joins. The metal trim is a little below the tiles (measured the tiles, but didn't allow for the 'ribbing' on the reverse).

I'm getting BAL grout and the matching silicone, so will have both. I will tape one side and do the other. I am thinking it might be slightly easier to go silicone as I'll be trying to meet a snapped edge. Would welcome any thoughts.

Cheers.
Graham

IMG_1216.jpg IMG_1218.jpg IMG_1219.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
B

blue_max

Next issue...

I have a lovely shower screen that has been in use for at least a year already with a plastic sheet. Now the tiles are on, I have a problem. I need to move the bottom seal back to allow a bracket to fit. It only needs to be about 3mm, but was siliconed on and is rock solid! I fear it would bend before releasing. I can't even get a razor blade under it. It's 2ft long and aluminium, so relatively easy to bend.

So, how am I going to get round this. Can't remove material from the plastic capping as it could destroy it. Could maybe hacksaw a bit off the trim, but it would get very scary near the bath and could leave a nib. Or some chemical means. Does white spirit have any effect?

Any thought gratefully received!

trim.jpg

B

blue_max

Yes, I think you're right. This is not moving!

Good tip too. And I need as many as I can get.

UPDATE - hacksawed the corner off and jobs a gud un.

Should probably do the vertical coloured joints before the white bath joint. Though I will have to join the silicone when I have done the top tiles - when I get my wet cutter working again.

So many compromises, but knowing which to choose...

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Attention to detail question on corners in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
http://www.*************************.com/water-underfloor-heating-152-w.asp Supplying Water...
Replies
Views
M
Helloall further to my post a few days ago regarding black starlight quartz tiles, i am about...
Replies
Views
Colour Republic
C
C
I am in no doubt that our friend Wivers is now flying high! Before a company goes public...
Replies
Views
wivers
W
A kind plumber has created a thread (that he's still working on right now) explaining the do's...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB