Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Bisazza Mosaic 1x1 Paperback Repair? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

MTiler

I have to say it amazes me that customers spend £100's if not £1000's on mosaics and dont bother getting a fixer who knows what theyre doing (or just wont pay the money for one). Ive had several jobs re- doing bodged mosaic jobs. last week I re-fixed expensive paper faced mosiacs. The previous tiler had fixed them the wrong way round and had even grouted them, and was amazed when the customer said he'd done it wrong.
More work for me though!!

missyT

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

All you have to do is get a hot air gun to soften the filgel (not too hot), making it easy to remove tesserae without damaging the surrounding ones. The surrounding filgel wont discolour with the heat. Filgel is similar to an epoxy grout, drying very hard and thats the only way to remove it.
Its what Bisazza recommend and it works a treat. Luckily you have some of the original batch left, otherwise if they have to order another batch from Italy theres a high chance the colour wont match.

missyT

Wow very impressive, MissyT:thumbsup:

M

MTiler

Ouch, that cost

Wasnt too bad, the Euro exchange rate was good at the time, and I had a discount because I'd done the basic course at STC.
And its paid for its self in the end because tile shops like the fact Ive done the course especially if they sell mosiacs (not just Bisazza), and with Contractors who need someone who knows what theyre doing.

missyT

We use a very sharp wood chisle to scrape out the existing adhesive, so as to give a good bed and allow new mosaic to sit level with existing.

We use a new blade in a Stanley to cut back on any excess grout.

The trick with paper faced material is to learn when there is sufficient closure to allow you to start brushing on water to peel off the paper, thus giving you a little time to correct any lining up or flattening that may be needed. Normally excess adhesive that has squeezed through between tiles can be carefully removed with a Stanley knife.

Only grout in small areas at a time especially with 10.10 mosaic.

Regards

Calvados

Reply to Bisazza Mosaic 1x1 Paperback Repair? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
K
Hello, I am new to this site and seeking some advice on the tiling in our new bathroom. We are...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
Having read part of the nightmare mosaic thread (and I concur with the comments, shocking) I was...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Bisazza Mosaic 1x1 Paperback Repair?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.