UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Business startup in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jwatson

when buying a used van use this to aid your buying desision. every vechicle since 2005 has had its mot's logged with direct.gov you can check if milage advertised is correct, if it has failed mot and thus what work must have been done to get a passed, it wont make the desision for u but another tool to help.:thumbsup: Leaving Facebook... | Facebook
check the car/van u have at the moment is is interesting to see what history it has

I'm not sure what you would pay for a lease over there but I leased a vehicle for 3 years all serviced at a good rate. Just another thought for you. If you can afford it you will get a brand new vehicle every 3 - 5 years with problem free motoring.
If its available anywhere, some lease comp. lease to buy vehicles that have been returned after a previous lease at a really good rate. Not new but well serviced with service history, and you get to keep the vehicle when the contract is done.:thumbsup:
If you are not sure what to look for , always ask for a service history, go for low kms and dont worry about the body as long as there is no rust, check how many owners and look at the gap between the last 2 or 3 owners. If there is a small gap and they are not dealers, you can bet your bottom dollar that theres something wrong.
the other thing, you should really try to spread your payments for anything over the space of the financial year. Try to keep a good cashflow going and dont forget whatever you spend will be tax deductible so keep that in mind. Also if this is your first year self employed and if its like it is here you wont need to pay tax until the following year. this will free up some cash during your first year. But dont forget to pay it back asap. and lastly, make sure you have your book keeping up to date, that way you will know exactly where you are financially at all times. Very Important.
I hope all goes well for you:thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Business startup in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
Replies
Views
Although I've been a member for a little while I have just started reading through different...
Replies
Views
StevieBoy
S
M
Hi all, not a big poster on here but have my spells Basically, I'm 27 and I've been tiling for...
Replies
Views
mike1979
M
M
Hi all, The time has come for me to take the step from employed (wasn't really a choice tbh)...
Replies
Views
Muse2k8
M
D
Hi, Been lurking around the forum for the last couple of days and began to feel a bit...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.