Discuss Customer From Hell in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

aytiling

TF
Arms
Nottingham
Thanks for that mate, she is contesting my claim and counter claiming, I have to respond in the next few days.

She is going down the route of sub-standard work, taking to long on the job etc.

I have asked her to allow a TTA technical inspector to do a report, but to no avail.

She has accused me of going for a drink with my TF Friends on her time? I told her I was going on a two day stone polishing course, nothing to do with drinking, I was up front with her at all times, never tried to rip her off.

A few members will vouch for me being on the Nu-Life stone course in Stockport, I also did three half days foc, and supplied over £100.00 in materials. That I was going to stand myself.

I hope this goes the right way for me in court, these people are out there waiting for us.

You have got her by the goolies mate. Revise your quote now adding all the FOC stuff and add it to your claim. No time to be generous. Also add interest at 8.5% for overdue invoice (it's allowed by the courts)
If your business were owed £1,000:

• the annual statutory interest on this would be £85 (1,000 x 0.085 = £85)
  • divide £85 by 365 to get the daily interest: 23p a day (85 / 365 = 0.23)
  • after 50 days this would be £11.50 (50 x 0.23 = 11.50)

T

Time's Ran Out

Again I thank you all for your support, I just wish I could have the Judge/ Magistrate read this thread, they would realise what the self employed trades man/ woman have to put up with, we all open to this type of customer.

And we thank you for taking this all the way! If the 2nd best tiler in the country has to justify his trade, then where does that leave the rest of us. I've said for years now the TV companies should have a programme with your thread title and I wish this could be the first instalment .
I've lost a lot of money over the years to rouge customers and businesses, and I know the stress it puts your family through. The Vat were going to close me down 25 years ago for Vat not paid on money I didn't get, so there's no help from the government as they think being self employed is a way to print money!
You don't get to your age and be still trading without being respected and excelling in your chosen field, so keep up the fight for all of us and show this 'rogue' we are not here to be a doormat!
John.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Keep going Phil, only one way this is going.

The burning question though isn't 'Who does TJ rate as the countries best tiler then?' but 'Will you get your cheque off her before Moyes has gone?'.

Any sane person can see that she is trying to ride roughshod over a great tradesman, and her behind is going to get bitten. I bet she's not exposed as a rogue customer by the "Oldham Echo' like a shabby tradesman would, which is a shame. But then you could always invite the paper for an interview about your triumph in court!!!

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I learned today she has put in a counter claim for £4,900.00 from me. to remove metro tiles that should have been sealed (someone has told her this) crackle glaze yes, white glazed metro, no.

It seems she will have to redecorate the whole house due to some splashes from the dewalt, that would wipe off with a sponge. Stale urine in a bucket (absolute tosh) we had to use a bucket as there were no toilet facilities on the job, but we emptied the buckets into a grid and washed out the buckets, we are not animals, but people like this think we are.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
I learned today she has put in a counter claim for £4,900.00 from me. to remove metro tiles that should have been sealed (someone has told her this) crackle glaze yes, white glazed metro, no.

It seems she will have to redecorate the whole house due to some splashes from the dewalt, that would wipe off with a sponge. Stale urine in a bucket (absolute tosh) we had to use a bucket as there were no toilet facilities on the job, but we emptied the buckets into a grid and washed out the buckets, we are not animals, but people like this think we are.

It'll be TJ's mate, the best tiler in the country :sofahide:

Have you got a solicitor Phil, cos she has clearly taken legal advice? If not get the best 'she' can afford!!!

Reply to Customer From Hell in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views
Posted a couple of times for advice a few weeks back, the outcome of which was to scrap my plan...
Replies
Views
I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Customer From Hell
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Canada Tile Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond