Discuss Customer From Hell in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

If anyone can provide a testimonial for me to back me up in court I would be very grateful, this woman is trying to do me good style, an email to me that I could show to the court would be great, anything from TF members would help me show I am not a cowboy and I have tried every way to resolve this issue. The members of TF are the real deal in this industry and your opinions may help me win this case.

As a four times winner of jotm I must be doing something right, if anyone can help I would love to hear from you, we are all trying to make a living and keep our customers happy.

We are all subject to these bad people now and then, but we don't see them coming.

If you can just give your honest opinion of me as a tiler good or bad, it would help. Thanks for your time, respect and regards to you all, Phil.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Phil - I will gladly give my opinions of you to anyone who will listen!
However your recent awards, the fact that you are a heritage level contractor and the time you have been tiling are all you need to win your argument in this case.
I will be in contact.
John

Thanks TJ I need something that will stand up in court, some sort of testimonial from my fellow tilers, if anyone can spare the time to send me an email or a letter to give your opinion of my passion for our trade it may help me show this woman that we are tradesmen and need to be paid for our labours,

J

jonnyc

phil i think you have qualifications and certificates issued to you by recognised organisations without needing letters from any tilers be it on this forum or elsewhere .
what i think you need to address most importantly are these counter claims that your client is making against you.
the fact that you were paid a day rate is an agreement that you and client came to together .
she may be unhappy that the work was not done quicker but she should have insisted on a price.
if she is questioning your tiling ability then this is what you need to get prepared for before this goes to court.
what is she actually accusing you of doing wrong ?
all i know is there was a trim issue that you offered to chage even though she chose this.
judges only deal with facts and this is a very important point to take on board.

J

jonnyc

i should add phil that i am not questioning your tiling ability nor would other forum members but you must address her issues regardless of whether they are correct of not.
the magistrate will not be au fait will tiling at all and can only making decisions around what evidence is given .
character references are far less effective than the right answer to a question of wong doing .

Reply to Customer From Hell in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views
Posted a couple of times for advice a few weeks back, the outcome of which was to scrap my plan...
Replies
Views
I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Customer From Hell
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Canada Tile Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond