Discuss Customer From Hell in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Good news is I still have my freedom and my pride, bad news is I am about three grand out of pocket with my own lost wages/ materials and payments to other tilers.

I will be another £900 plus if she doesn't pay the tiler who started this job with me, I will have to pay him. My conscience won't let him suffer, she has asked me to leave the job and I have done so.

I offered to complete the job FOC, but she refused, she thinks we have dragged it out to long, she is now going to get another tiler to finish it.

The work we did was top class, I know that, I left the job today, conducted myself like a gentleman, even though I was seething inside.

We live and learn, do we not?

I now have to pick myself up and get on, but we are all open to these people, I feel like throwing my tools away, and giving up.

But I won't, that would mean she beat me. I could go down the legal route, but I have no faith in it.

Thanks for all your support in this.

Regards and respect, Phil.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
Phil,forgive the language but **** that for a game of soldiers .
I'm with Deano,get her billed mate,disgusting attitude by her.
I train with a solicitor most mornings,he won't be there tomorrow (bloody hard circuit,he too old :) )he will be there on Friday,I will ask him if there's owt you can do .
I also have a mate from Oldham (he now lives in London) he was with the Oldham lads football firm,I'm sure he will know someone to put her windows through
Again
And again
And again
And again
And again
:) :)

T

The D

We give people this advice all the time. She can’t with holdthe entire payment she by law has to give you the opportunity to rectify anydefects that she preserves as a problem. Or come to an agreement on what moneyswill be withheld from the invoice in order to get another tiler to rectify theproblem areas. My main point is to put the bill in now and she can pay it orshe can dispute it but you do not have to just walk away with nothing.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

As most of the opinions, you definitely need to get paid.

I'd take a few days off to chill. Then send the invoice recorded delivery etc...

I would've given her 2 choices, pay whats agreed, or if the tiling isn't good enough, then let me remove all the tiles

Cheers Martyn, I think I will fight this one. I am so fed up with people running rough shod over decent tradesmen. Thanks again for all your imput TF peeps. We are all in this together, we are at the bottom of the pile it seems.

Maybe I can make a stand, for all of us.

Reply to Customer From Hell in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views
Posted a couple of times for advice a few weeks back, the outcome of which was to scrap my plan...
Replies
Views
I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB