Discuss Do you ever know when to say NO!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mikethetile

I keep squeezing them in, working all hours and making money until it all catches up with me...... It's just the way I am. But recently it's really caught up with me and I'm feeling really down and really tired but I've just booked a weeks holiday for three weeks from now and am looking forward to recharging the batteries. I have jobs booked in for when I come back and I'll just carry on again hell for leather again. Like I said it's just the way I am. I've always liked a bit of stress to keep me going but recently I've not been enjoying things as I usually do.

What I will say is when things catch up with you the way they have with me, you find yourself getting slow and jobs taking a lot longer than they should and then you're not making good money any more.

been there, done that had the heart attacks

what you say about nervous and physical exhaustion is spot on sandy and its a killer. no one ever died wishing they had fitted more jobs in

look after yourself Sandy and learn to say no

your life is worth more than their job

S

SandyFloor

been there, done that had the heart attacks

what you say about nervous and physical exhaustion is spot on sandy and its a killer. no one ever died wishing they had fitted more jobs in

look after yourself Sandy and learn to say no

your life is worth more than their job

I never thought about it like that. But when I read back my own post I can see what you're meaning and I can't argue with you. Thanks sincerely for the concern and the advice.

Reply to Do you ever know when to say NO!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
I
I enjoy tiling very much and consider myself to be very fortunate to be doing a job that is so...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
T
So.... Signed up to the forum, looked at loads of threads (found the one about poor workmanship...
Replies
Views
P
Sorry its another rant, I recently took two subbies on, for a project and because the work is a...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Do you ever know when to say NO!!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.