Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Do you remember when .... in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

I was very fortunate as I started with a small family business and the son took me under his wing from day 1. Always on a job from 7.30 till finished and never made the tea once. The building boom of the early 70's meant I was tiling within 6 months. Always did the labouring and fetching/carrying but that enabled more tiles to be fixed by others and more money! After all £15 a week was a lot of money when you paid £5 a week rent.

Houston

TF
Arms
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]does anyone remember using buchtal tiles, haven't used them for years ,they were tough and very sharp to handle,when fixing on walls we used silver sand and a bit of cement for spacing the 10mm joint and when the tiles had set we used to rake out the sand and cement ready for grouting.[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Bal Flex, great adhesive, 5ltr liquid and 7kg powder, but we would never use all the powder it just never seemed to mix wright with your bit of wood, the old boy was adamant to leave a bit in the bottom of the bag [/FONT]

Reply to Do you remember when .... in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I recently purchased my first property and the existing kitchen floor porcelain tiles were...
Replies
Views
I've got plasterers coming in next week to render the (brick) walls of my bathroom ready for it...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J
Perhaps one for @SchlüterSystems themselves to answer. When was ditra first made and used? Is...
Replies
Views
jonnyc
J
M
Hi everyone and a happy new year to you all.......I'm just after a second opinion here regarding...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Do you remember when ....
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Australia Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks