Discuss Fathers death.......moving on in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

I empathize, Alan, I have just gone through all this myself, so know exactly where you are coming from and the paper hassle that goes with it, unfortunately mine was all in German, so can't help you, really. But it is good - however puzzling, frustrating and painful - to deal with it all for your Mum's sake, it does help to feel useful through it all, that was my conclusion anyhow.

Good luck to you, I am sure you are doing a agreat job, be a little easy on yourself, hugs to you and your Mum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
So sorry to hear of your loss Alan. Download the thing Liz points to and whatnot, that'll probably be exactly what you're looking for. However as the lads said too, CAB will take a lot of pressure off you and they will be listened to quickly by all those being contacted by them, so no messing around for you. They'll know when they're having the wool pulled over their eyes right from the start.

T

tfs

Hi Alan, I feel for your loss. Like may others on the forum I have experienced the loss of a loved one and understand to some extent what you are feeling just now. I hope you get the financial tasks and other formalities over with as smoothly as possible so that you can have the time to grieve for your great loss and not have to loose sleep over other issues. I hope that the near future brings some happieness to you and your family. I always try to remember the good experiences and memmories of those lost and try to use these experiences to better the life of those left behind.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Thanks for all the nice things and the helpful comments. I am actually remarkably calm after a few days of real gut wrenching sadness. As MG says though it is good to feel useful as for the last week or so I and the rest of the family have felt totally useless. There is only one thing which will really haunt me for many years and that was the look of complete desolation and defeat which came across my dads face when the doctor finally told him he was in complete renal failure, having fought bravely for 6 weeks to overcome his problems, and would not be getting better. Sad sad time but am sure that time is a great healer. Just like him though he was chatting up the young lady doctors and telling rude jokes to the nurses right up till the last few hours when he said to my mum that he was not going to come home and that he would meet her again on the third time round the universe. He died peacefully and without pain on Sunday Morning. He went just before we got back to the hospital having had that fateful call - I was convinced the old bu@@er did not want the embarassment of popping his clogs in front of anyone.

Sorry - I'll stop rambling now but it is good to talk sometimes even if it is in type......

Thanks for your help guys and gals

Reply to Fathers death.......moving on in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
hi, i am a virtually retired tiler (58), legs back hips etc etc. a friend carpenter (65) has...
Replies
Views
G
Hi guys, sorry for long post, just after a bit of advice regarding my first proper complaint...
2 3
Replies
Views
S
...bit of a who dunnit but feel I've been shafted royal style on this one. Working for a joiner...
2 3 4 5 6
Replies
Views
E
So I'm having trouble with a customer relating to grout (Bal Micromax) I have tiled 70 sq...
2 3 4 5 6
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Ajax123

Esteemed
Arms
TF
Lincolnshire
Website
https://www.lkabminerals.com/en/products/gypsol/
What member type are you?
  1. Support Rep (here to provide support only)

Thread Information

Title
Fathers death.......moving on
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.