Discuss Floating floor will you or won't you in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

baht'at

I have also posted the above information as a new thread just sso it was visible to those who might not have looked at this thread and may not be aware this product was available.

It was suggested yesterday by Chalker that Fermacell products could be suitable in this instance, and it was checking with with local suppliers in Leeds and Bradford for Fermacel's 2E11 boards I was made aware of the No More Ply version.

Having read through the Fermacell "Dry Flooring" installation instructions,unfortunately there is no guidance to tiling over their product.
From their information their system seems to have been designed for use with water based UFH systems as does state not suitable for use with cable UFH systems, but it's not clear if they mean above or below the boards.( another phone call to make )
As most will use the Cement based boards when cable (matting) UFH is installed over wooden floors the No More Ply version does seem a better option .

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Floating floor will you or won't you in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB