Guest viewing is limited

Discuss give us a top tiling tip, please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
When you're on a job, consider posting leaflets and/or business cards in the dozen properties around where you're working, especially on longer jobs. Should they want to, maybe the current customer knows them and wouldn't mind showing off your work on your behalf when you're sitting at home. Nobody sells your work better than your happy customers.

Which brings me onto; maybe you could offer a 10% discount on referrals from customers within the last 6 or 12 months, and throw £30 your customers way when you get a referral from them. I've heard this works for somebody but never did it myself. Quite clever but requires a bit more tracking job-wise to make sure you're not just giving everybody discount for nothing.

T

trevortine

Get used to putting your pencil down in the same place so the fairy's don't keep steeling it and laugh at you while you look for it, by the time you find it your forgot what you wanted it for and miss something. I've wasted a good hour a day at times when I've only had a couple of pencils knocking about, so it might be worth getting a big pack of them and keep them on the van ready sharpened!
This must be the best one, i do this constantly, even thinking of tying one on my wrist with string, or one on each arm like the gloves with the string that you had as a kiddy!!!

This must be the best one, i do this constantly, even thinking of tying one on my wrist with string, or one on each arm like the gloves with the string that you had as a kiddy!!!
:lol::lol: Or I spend ten minutes throwing a tantrum because I can't find my pencil only to be made worse when a joiner tells me it's behind my ear!!:mad2::lol::lol:

W

White Room

I use one of these to roll out the wp tanking membrane

7473x300.jpg

Heavy duty art and craft rollers with metal frame, wooden handle and rubber roller. Available in four size

Reply to give us a top tiling tip, please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
G
Hope you are well, We are a new supplier for sealant operating in the central London. As of...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
give us a top tiling tip, please
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.