Discuss Good customers in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

Peter

We can be a negative bunch on here at times, so is anyone doing work for a nice customer these days?

Doing one at the minute. Priced the bathroom for him at a fair price, never questioned it or my methods or minded the extra being spent on tanking/cement boards/features etc and gave me a free run on creativity. Cups of coffee and biscuits on the hour. Money paid the minute the silicone gun went into the van again. Kitchen is ready to be done now and never asked about a price just told me to get on with it and give it whatever it needs and he will keep the other trades out til I'm finished. :thumbsup:

Makes for a happy working environment since most of my customers lately have been wanting to scrimp and save and asking "Do I really need it?". :lol:

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
Mondays customer = No tea all day. Got paid cash, but I had to get 1 extra tile that cost £7.58 in addition to my original quote. She paid for the extra tile with a £5 note, 2 £1 coins, 2 20p coins 2 10p coins. I would have got copper, but she did not have any. She begrudgingly gave me a 2p tip!

Tuesdays customer = Loadsa tea, bacon roll at 11. More tea and biscuits. Lots of complements on my tiling.

With the mean customers I don't bother sending them a 'Paid Invoice'.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Got an unexpected call last Sunday from a customer who I re-furbed a full kitchen back end of last year.

Customer: Hi John how are you?
Me: Good yeah.
C: Just ringing to thank you again for my kitchen.
M: Thats great, glad you are enjoying it
C: I've just come back from my neighbours and she's just had her kitchen done.
M: How does it look?
C: It's awful, she had the local builder do it all. I'm at home now just sat in my dining room looking at my tiles on the floor and all the grout joints are even and there are no lips on the tiles to trip over.
M: What was kitchen like?
C: Very average.
M: Oh dear, she should have got me to do it if she wanted a kitchen like yours.
C: She should have but she wanted it doing at a cheap price.
M: But she didn't know if i could have matched the builder on the price anyway.
C: I know but she wanted him to do it anyway, i think she's regretting it now. I'll give you a call in a month or two to come and measure for the bathroom.
M: Thanks that's great, look forward to hearing from you, bye.

D

Dougs Third Go

We can be a negative bunch on here at times, so is anyone doing work for a nice customer these days?

Doing one at the minute. Priced the bathroom for him at a fair price, never questioned it or my methods or minded the extra being spent on tanking/cement boards/features etc and gave me a free run on creativity. Cups of coffee and biscuits on the hour. Money paid the minute the silicone gun went into the van again. Kitchen is ready to be done now and never asked about a price just told me to get on with it and give it whatever it needs and he will keep the other trades out til I'm finished. :thumbsup:

Makes for a happy working environment since most of my customers lately have been wanting to scrimp and save and asking "Do I really need it?". :lol:
Sounds just like the customers I did a bathroom for last week Pete:thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Good customers in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
I'm a chippy, I fit a lot of kitchens and some bathrooms, inevitably I have done quite a bit of...
Replies
Views
What the customer said: Sean: You do not have enough tiles to complete the job. Cust: Thank God...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
bcd-87
B
M
I've been tiling for 12 years now never really had problems with customers till now! started...
Replies
Views
C
I'm almost lost for words!!!!! Last weekend I went to see a potential customer about some...
Replies
Views
White Room
W

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB