Discuss Grand Designs in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mattle40

Just watched it. I would like to get stuck into a job like that. Clients like that don't phase me at all. They are quite easy to accommodate as they usually have a heavy input into the layout and set out points. Plus they don't mind paying for there perfection.
I agree, this guy Definitely did the layout as he had the window moved to suit the grout line he had invisioned. Fair play to the guy, if I was doing a £60k self build it would have to be perfect, let alone £1.3m + plot! He had every reason to be (dare I say it) a little anal

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
I watched it last night. Not my kind of house but the attention to detail was impressive. I was surprised at the amount of adhesive used, a bag per tile?

I like modern but clinical contemporary isn't usually my thing. However. That Was very very impressive.
I was surprised too on the amount of adhesive used. Size notch he was using,on a flat screed I would get 3sqm down.

Anyone know Peter Marsh?

O

Old Mod

Someone mentioned he was using a mineral based adhesive as opposed to cement, not something I'm clued up on to be honest but maybe they don't yield as much as the cements.
The reason that it was hoped it's a mineral based adhesive is that the screed is anhydride. Unless very careful prep is undertaken the cement based addy won't adhere to the screed.
Best way to deal with it is to use an addy which is gypsum based.
Such as Anhyfix.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Watched this yesterday on the repeat show. Kitchen was never worth 120 grand. These people don't half get ripped off. Brushed aluminium and wood Pmsl cheapest materials known to man. Oven with digital door release. Alrightythen there's what, 20 quid. My kids pretend laptop has one the whole laptop was a fiver.

AD Ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Manchester
Watched this yesterday on the repeat show. Kitchen was never worth 120 grand. These people don't half get ripped off. Brushed aluminium and wood Pmsl cheapest materials known to man. Oven with digital door release. Alrightythen there's what, 20 quid. My kids pretend laptop has one the whole laptop was a fiver.

The kitchen was littered with Gaggenau appliances........job I just done had a fridge, freezer and a wine cooler.....£20,000 plus!!!!
These people just spend for fun. The other house I'm on the spent 45 grand on a sub-zero fridge and a Wolf stove......my house was only 50 grand when I bought it.

Reply to Grand Designs in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I need advice on score and snap cutting of large porcelain tiles, lets say, over 1000 mm long...
Replies
Views
Looking to lay large format (900x900mm) thin (5.5mm) porcelain floor tiles onto a sand and...
Replies
Views
I’m tiling a ground floor of a house approx 120m through a ground floor with 5 doorways in the...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, We're having our downstairs tiles installed soon, about 82m2 of 1.2x1.2m square...
Replies
Views
Hi there I ordered 160sqm of 90cm x 90cms of matching Large Format Porcelain tiles. 105sqm for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB