Discuss grinder.. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mr Tiler

well then, just went to settle the bill. turns out one of the socket screws wouldn't go back in the case so its a trip back to the job tmoz to replace oooonnnneeee tiiilllllleeee!!!!!!! extra bit of bread on top of the final bill so no worries can also make sure I get a quote in on the upstairs bathroom floor, had a look before leaving today though it is not a pretty sight bounce is a everywhere!

M

Mr Tiler

well then, just went to settle the bill. turns out one of the socket screws wouldn't go back in the case so its a trip back to the job tmoz to replace oooonnnneeee tiiilllllleeee!!!!!!! extra bit of bread on top of the final bill so no worries can also make sure I get a quote in on the upstairs bathroom floor, had a look before leaving today though it is not a pretty sight bounce is a everywhere!

so instead of calling me and it being a 2 second job I have to replace a whole tile!!!!! grrrrrr!!!

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
I always price porcs dearer than ceramics.
As Neale states above they are harder to drill & cut so the price reflects this.

Nah, i have all the gear to cut em, its a tradesmans job to have the right tools after all, my cutters/tools have been paid for tenfold, hole cutters are next to nowt nowadays, couple of quid will do a few bathrooms.
Ive had the same hole cutting kit for , 6 months, used most weeks and stil got life in them.
You can't really go to a job and say " bugger, i need a new cutter for that, i will put £500 ont job "
Ive been out and bought a SIGMA 3e something or other today , i have a few large format jobs coming up (few hundred m2) i will get my money back (£300 quid,nice chap from the south drove up north to meet me :) ) i was gonna buy charlies but not up glasgow for a month or so
mydununu.jpg

M

Mr Tiler

Come on, it may take you a extra few hours with back buttering, so work a bit harder.
I just about get me head around putting a few quid on for tools, just,(each job, £15 quid a hole, jesus tj, i want your rates ;) )but to work a bit harder, i like to move more, burns more calories so i can eat more bacon ! Born idle gits 
I know people are going to hate me, but many of you do anyway lol... I have to agree with widler on this, and id go as far as to say I wouldn't charge more for holes just because my consumables wear out faster but saying that im not just in it for the money atm it is still a joy just to pack the car up and go on a job, ask me in a few months lol. on the upper hand I have 3 potential jobs coming up and have to meet that chap in brum on mon to do a couple of days for him to see what im made of lol happy days ;)

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
I know people are going to hate me, but many of you do anyway lol... I have to agree with widler on this, and id go as far as to say I wouldn't charge more for holes just because my consumables wear out faster but saying that im not just in it for the money atm it is still a joy just to pack the car up and go on a job, ask me in a few months lol. on the upper hand I have 3 potential jobs coming up and have to meet that chap in brum on mon to do a couple of days for him to see what im made of lol happy days ;)
Ash , its a forum,don't worry if people don't like you,it aint the real world

M

Mr Tiler

Ash , its a forum,don't worry if people don't like you,it aint the real world

mate I honestly couldn't care less what people think of me, its one of the first thing I learned to get over when I started all of this ;) I now feel im at the beginning of my new career and I feel on top of the world, whoever doesn't like that can go and tell someone else lol cheers mate... and I need your mrs number, (business purposes of course) lol cheers mate

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to grinder.. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All, I have an anhydrite screeded floor that’s been down 4mths. I now need to sand it before...
Replies
Views
Advice Hi guys, got some 60cmx60cm porcelain tiles to lay in a hallway with a modular pattern...
Replies
Views
Hi - I ripped up laminate flooring on a concrete subfloor. It was my first DIY project and...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 45m2 of 1.2 x 1.2 Mirage 9mm floor tiles to lay. Never done this size before. I’m...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB