Guest viewing is limited

Recommended Tile Suppliers

We recommend a couple of tile suppliers, Topps Tiles and Tile Giant.

They supply good adhesive brands and provide trade discounts for genuine tilers.

Discuss Has anyone else had trouble with Topps lately in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com.

H

hrgj3270

i went into topps tiles the other day to open a trade account after being informed a few days earlier what to take in to open it. when i spoke to the manager of the store he informed me that Topps have stopped opening trade accounts because there are enough tilers.

i just think he couldnt be bothered to open a trade account for me.

has anyone else had trouble with them recently ........

E

eyebeetiling

I did have a problem the other day!
One of the counter staff had a go at me gor not using their underfloor heating 'warm up', as he had spent ages selling the product to two customers of mine but then I didn't put the order through!
I had already sold the customers on the idea of underfloor haeting as one is a neighbour and the other is a freind.

He then started spurting on about how they had got me so much work and that I shouldn't betray them!!!!!!!!

Fact is that I haven't had that much work from them at all, but I've sent loads of customers their way, and I always buy my materials from them as they are close.

I think I might start using some other suppliers! As these boys seem to want a monopoly on the whole tiling trade. Getting to big for their boots me thinks.

C

CBTC

Topps - not really the best place to go. Trade discount cards seem to be hit and miss depending on the store - unless it has changed very recently it is ok'd by head office but the manager of the store should be able to start the process. I was on they're system after the early days of going plc but they dropped the initial idea it seems. Not really worried about using them but eventually mentioned this to local manager who checked me on the system - was still on - and then made a card for me to get the discount in 5 minutes. Always get Warm-up from them now, since on trade price they beat everyone clean away for the stuff!
Colin

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I did have a problem the other day!
One of the counter staff had a go at me gor not using their underfloor heating 'warm up', as he had spent ages selling the product to two customers of mine but then I didn't put the order through!
I had already sold the customers on the idea of underfloor haeting as one is a neighbour and the other is a freind.

He then started spurting on about how they had got me so much work and that I shouldn't betray them!!!!!!!!

Fact is that I haven't had that much work from them at all, but I've sent loads of customers their way, and I always buy my materials from them as they are close.

I think I might start using some other suppliers! As these boys seem to want a monopoly on the whole tiling trade. Getting to big for their boots me thinks.

As a tiler, you can go direct to the manufacturers. www.varme.co.uk www.flexel.co.uk www.devi.co.uk to name a few that will give you 40 / 50% off retail providing you do a bit through the year.

T

tiler burden

topps are k-rap!!!

wouldnt waste your time, money or inclination on them.

i dont know one pro tiler in liverpool who uses topps unless its an absolute emergency..i'm sure gaz's store wasnt like the ones i've come across but gaz is a proand fortunately for him, bal have spotted that!! your well out of it mate:thumbsup:

any manager who says we have enough tilers, obviously isnt very business minded unless that particular store has reached its limit to what it can give to the trade?? there loss is another stores gain!!

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Cheeze

topps have changed there trade system and now have three tilers per store to do the tiling - no trade cards on counters anymore

Not true... not saying you haven't been told that but whoever said it was talking out of their *£"$

I'm pretty friendly with the manager of my local Topps, Failsworth Manchester. They don't do the old style accounts anymore, instead they do an account card. Works pretty much the same way plus you get something like 2% back, it's called a Tradesaver or something like that. I think it's 30 days interest free, can't find my last statement but I think it's 30.

They are allowed cards on the counters but they do push their approved service. Each store has several tilers (any number the manager sees fit, not just 3) that they now recommend and guarantee the work for, providing the customer uses their materials. They don't make any money out of my fitting, they probably just make more profit as they sell the tiles and adhesives straight to the customer on those jobs. I've had a few jobs so far through this, plus a couple where my cards have just been picked up.

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
Well my Local Topps store put a nice job my way this week as I was left in the lurch by another job.:mad2:

Everything was supplied and just labour costs for me.......sorted :thumbsup:

Topps do get a slagging and rightly so by reading some of the posts on here..........but not all stores are the same.............and when, like me you haven't a lot of choice regarding suppliers, you have to use wot is local and available.

Keep em sweet, and they phone you when they have damaged bags/tubs going for nowt as well :yes::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cannot fault my local :thumbsup:

L

LM Ceramics

im aware of the trade saver at topps they have just started the same thing at tile clearing house as far as i know the taf scheme still stands in most topps stores and some of them will not hand cards out ie the preston topps there is a limit to the number of tafs but i know it is more than 3 i was told this at the preston topps they dont hand the cards out as the taf scheme works pretty well

C

Cheeze

I know what you mean, I've used several stores and not always been happy, but the guys at the one in Failsworth seem pretty clued up. Everyone moans about their prices but I got something in the post from them today and they've lowered a fair few of their trade prices and are much more competitive now. Plus even if their prices seem more than you are paying elsewhere, if you go in with proof and tell them you'll buy from them if they beat that price any manager worth his salt will bite your hand off. I've done it a few times, sometimes they try and explain that their adhesive is better etc but if you stick to your guns they will honour their price guarantee policy. Just point it out to them, they have to beat a genuine price as they advertise this. Have you seen the price of their own brand 2 part flex at trade right now? It's something like £16.50.

Reply to Has anyone else had trouble with Topps lately in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I have been researching this for days and need some help. My garage has a concrete floor. I live...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, first time poster so be kind! I had some porcelain tiles fitted in 2012, in the...
Replies
Views
WetSaw
W
O
  • Question
Is it worthwhile having a trade account with Topps to get some % discount? I don't deal with...
Replies
Views
bcd-87
B
Hey guys, I normally post over in diynot for general DIY but wrt tiling over timber I need some...
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J
C
  • Question
Hi, has anyone had a similar experience ....... I bought some split face tiles in Oyster. When I...
Replies
Views

Tile Buying Popular Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Has anyone else had trouble with Topps lately
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes
Start date
Last reply date
Replies
Unsolved
--

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond