Discuss Help! SLC fail - Self levelling compound failed Pro 50 in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
Hi,
jackonboards spec is to screw down to timber at 300mm intervals, so that's what I do.
I find if I were to glue instead/aswel there is additional cost of time, primer, adhesive, also raised flooring height.
im not saying glueing is wrong, it's just not something that I do.
They say not to stick down, just to screw using the washers. I use adhesive and screws (next day) on insulation boards.
Don't think this is your problem though.

L

lizzardtong

there you go :
Assembly information

JACKOBOARD Construction board for floor use

Special sealing tape (e.g. JACKOBOARD sealing tape) should be used to reinforce the board
joints in wet areas. In addition, care must be taken to seal any penetrations in the construction
board, e.g. for pipes or screws and anchors, using suitable sealing agents.
We recommend covering the entire construction board surface with an additional layer of
reinforcement weave.
The construction boards must not be reinforced until the thin-bed mortar used to bond the
construction boards to the substrate is completely dry.
Use on wooden substrates
The construction boards can only be installed on substrates that are similar to timber formwork.
Installation on a substrate that is only planked is not recommended.
Suitable adhesives, applied with a notched trowel, are used to glue the entire surface of the
JACKOBOARD construction board (min. thickness: 10 mm) to the wooden substrate. The
entire surface of the JACKOBOARD construction board is bedded firmly in the adhesive by
gently pushing it back and forth. The construction boards should be laid with staggered joints.
Once the adhesive bonding of the construction board to the timber formwork is completely dry,
the construction boards must be additionally fastened using wooden screws and insulation board
discs (e.g. JACKOBOARD stainless steel insulation board discs). At least 5 screws are needed for
each m2 and they must be screwed to a depth of at least 20 mm into the timber structure. The
screws should be spaced at least 30 mm from the edge of the construction board. The screws
must be tightened until the head is flush with the surface. The construction board can be slightly
indented with a hammer before fastening the screws to ensure that the insulation board discs do
not protrude above the surface of the construction board.
All construction board joints must be reinforced with an alkaline-resistant fibre glass weave
(e.g. JACKOBOARD glass fibre tape) with a minimum thickness of 120 mm.

Special sealing tape (e.g. JACKOBOARD sealing tape) should be used to reinforce the board
joints in wet areas. In addition, care must be taken to seal any penetrations in the construction
board, e.g. for pipes or screws and anchors, using suitable sealing agents.
We recommend reinforcing the entire construction board surface with an additional layer of
protective weave when installing on wooden substrates.

The construction boards must not be reinforced until the thin-bed mortar used to bond the

construction boards to the substrate is completely dry

Q

Qwerty

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396907721.116178.jpg

O

One Day

Max wattage for a suspended floor (wooden 100w). In my personal opinion this isn't the reason for your failed floor. However Manufactures will differ.

That recommendation though is assuming a direct fix to timber. All manufacturers will ignore the use of insulation boards on timber just to avoid any potential issues, so it's always 100w for timber, 150 for concrete (who the flip fixes ufh to concrete anyway?!)

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Liverpool
Anything resolved yet? Over the last 18 months I couldn't tell you how many fails I've heard about regarding Norcros in N Wales. The latest reason they provided for a failed floor, cheap European timber being used in the construction not quality British wood! This was a new build they'd been out to spec. I've had pro 50 fail twice, looked almost like curdled milk the next day. They told me I hadn't primed the floor correctly! It was only after the main contractor, who was putting alot of money through Norcros, had the pro 50 independently tested that they admitted there was some kind of contamination in the powder before it left the factory. I'll never use Norcros powders again, shocking performance from there products and absolutely no backing from there customer service

Reply to Help! SLC fail - Self levelling compound failed Pro 50 in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All, I’m ripping out a failed existing tiled floor. Tiles had not been back buttered so...
Replies
Views
I’m nearly there with a bathroom tiling Project and managed to make it this far before getting...
Replies
Views
Moved this as I incorrectly posted in the Pro forum! Hi all, Finally getting to lay the tiles in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
D
Replies
Views
Deleted member 57709
D

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB