Discuss Help! SLC fail - Self levelling compound failed Pro 50 in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Budha7

Hi, sorry I've only just seen this.

no, not a whisper, since I sent my reply to them, over a week ago.

the long and short of the story was..
Them-what is the sub floor
Me- timber
Them- movement in the subfloor has caused the cracking
Me- ive already told you, I checked for deflection before laying anything.
Them- que the old, timber is hydroscopic, it will move due to temp and humidity yarda yarda.. Please refer to British standard no...
Me- I agree with timber is hydroscopic, however, your instructions state that you can lay pro 50 directly on ply, this pro 50 was laid onto backer board, which would act as a very crude decoupler.
no reply....

i will ill get back on to them later..
I'm really not happy with this.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Help! SLC fail - Self levelling compound failed Pro 50 in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All, I’m ripping out a failed existing tiled floor. Tiles had not been back buttered so...
Replies
Views
I’m nearly there with a bathroom tiling Project and managed to make it this far before getting...
Replies
Views
Moved this as I incorrectly posted in the Pro forum! Hi all, Finally getting to lay the tiles in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
D
Replies
Views
Deleted member 57709
D

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB