Discuss Housemaids knee (Prepatellar bursitis) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Brindle

Hi, I'm sat at home suffering from this, for about the 4th/5th time in last 4 years. First time I injured my knee it was due to carrying my 3 yr old daughter on my shoulders for too many hours one hot day. Now it seems to be a recurring problem which obviously is aggravated by kneeling down (with kneepads) so often.

Has anyone got any ideas/ tips on how to try and prevent it.....or as my doctor advised - look for another job!! : (

Cheers

Brindle

D

david campbell

Mosaic girl will help you with this one she's the resident
nurse-196.gif

and accepts small and large donations...............:smilewinkgrin:

S

Stewart

I've had this a few times over the years and first came about because i refused to where knee pads. It got so bad a couple of times, that I had to spend a few weeks in hospital on IV antibiotics and hourly drawing of fluid from the bursa.

I got it under control, wearing quality knee pads, and as a frequent runner, having regular ice-baths. I currently have a swollen bursa with no pain (see pic and don't laugh) just know, and after having a tennis ball on my knee for eight] months, I'm now having the bursa removed privately, as the nhs consultant deems it a vanity thing rather than a medical problem.

IMG_0496.jpg

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
yes ive had this problem on and off for years.

you can get the fluid drained and a steriod injection put stright into the knee and yes it dose hurt alot,but this will normally calm it down for about 2/3 months.

if like me it still continues to come back then you will need surgery, its called a bursectomy and they scrape the lining of the knee away, along with as many burser sacs as they can get at which are the sacs that produce the fluid, i had this done in feb this year a so far touch wood no more fluid. :thumbsup:

Reply to Housemaids knee (Prepatellar bursitis) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

O
well if you're like me, prob not!, my quest for the perfect knee pad continues. I spend an...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
Blunt Tool
B
G
Don’t just take our word for it! Amazon Testimonials 5.0 out of 5 stars Best kneepads you will...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G
O
ive suffered for many years with bad knees and ankle afer having my leg badly broken at 18 years...
Replies
Views
swanman
S
S
I bet you haven't heard this tip before. I've been bothered more and more with aching knees...
Replies
Views
I
G
I have been tiling now for over 33 years and I have tried lots of kneepads from the cheap...
2 3 4 5 6
Replies
Views
adamunited
A

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Housemaids knee (Prepatellar bursitis)
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.