Discuss HSS...A joke and Im not laughing in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Pebbs

I had to hire some lifting gear for a contract today, they took the money, stuck me with a £600.00 deposit, and said they would deliver between 7am and 11 today.

By 11am the lads must have got fed up with sunbathing in the clients garden, finished doing the crossword in the paper, and drunk all the tea that they could sink in 3 hours, because they rang to say nothing as nothing had turned up. I ran HSS who told me the driver was on his way...well how long have we got to wait? They contacted the depot/shop, who then said the driver was not on the way because they hadnt got a 2t gantry in stock and were waiting for it to be transferred over. Ok I said have you got a 1t gantry, I'll take that! Yep we got one they said, the driver will be there in 30 mins.

12.30 the lads are now suffering from sunburn, because if they had known the wait was going to be this long they would have taken some factor 15 in with them today. I ring HSS were the f is the driver? They say they will ring him and ring me back...

He's about 30 mins away...ok we're getting somewhere...

Driver arrives.......2.30 this afternoon, with a chip on his shoulder, as he hadnt had his lunch!

HSS ring me to say in view of the late delivery they would forgo the delivery charge...ohh how great of you to credit me £16.50!

Tomorrow I go into war, Im not standing for this joke of a company, you pay through the nose, and they cant even be bothered to turn up on time.

Rant over...for now

Lynn

D

Daz

I hate HSS and try to avoid using them at all costs.
I would send an invoice to their HO detailing the number of men & hours unable to work. Send a photocopy of your original paperwork that states the delivery times with it and stipulate that your payment terms are 7 days nett.

They won't pay it but the Area Manager will get such a kicking that he will deffo offer a lot more compensation than his opening gambit :lol:.

Go for it Lynn & I look forward to hearing how you get on with this.

Daz

U

user123

Poor show ... poor you! Hopefully poor them tomorrow... be afraid HSS, be very afraid....
censored.gif

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
Another don't give a poo company.

I have been lucky this week with my local hire firms.

Monday needed a floor scraper/stripper. Went to my local and picked it up and it did the job.......bloody still hard work mind...........only to find a PAINTED floor and remnants of self levelling compound. Took machine back, and tried to get a floor scabbler, which they didn't have.............so off to hire shop number 2.

Petrol floor scabbler/thresher.............125 chuffing quid............but got back to house and it did the job in 20 mins (albeit, it kicked up a lot of dust, and was so bloody noisey, I needed my ear plugs)................so back to hire shop number 2 and tell them that the customer wouldn't allow petrol machines in the house...................so got the money refunded. RESULT.

P

Pebbs

They had the wrath of me today, it was ugly,(Its ok Gisele, I didnt turn into sweary Mary) I got 40% of the hire charge in the end. Then I let rip on the Accountants (as I was in that kinda dont mess with me mood), and told them I wanted a full itemised bill, as it is currently the size of a 3rd world country debt (well it isent but it made my eyes water). So I think now we will be looking for a new hire company and a new accountant. Not a bad day all in all!

Lynn

U

user123

They had the wrath of me today, it was ugly,(Its ok Gisele, I didnt turn into sweary Mary) I got 40% of the hire charge in the end. Then I let rip on the Accountants (as I was in that kinda dont mess with me mood), and told them I wanted a full itemised bill, as it is currently the size of a 3rd world country debt (well it isent but it made my eyes water). So I think now we will be looking for a new hire company and a new accountant. Not a bad day all in all!

Lynn

Clever girl... when you come up for that break you keep promising yourself, I'll buy you an anppletizer, how's that? :)

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England

Lynn
you know what pebbs,you must be in the same mould as my wife,she just got her accountants bill,nealy fainted:yikes:got a itemised bill abd they are charging ,sorry,was:lol: charging her for, sending someone out to get something they needed off the computer,which my wife said she will email over,they said no we will send someone over,don't you go outa your way,and had the cheek to charge her £200 for the privelidge,that was just one of many things they tried to charge her for,she was on the warpath,lets just say i kept well out of her way,and made her brews when she asked:lol:she may be 5'2 and 8 stone,but she packs a mean left hook,and i bloody taught her how to throw it as well:mad2:

Reply to HSS...A joke and Im not laughing in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
A
Hi guys Just a quick update on phil for you all. He's out of hospital now and in a new...
2 3
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
A
Abit about myself to start off with. Been in the building game for 30 years and can turn my...
Replies
Views
C
Who are the bikers on here. My lad (22) had a scooter when at college, then joined army so the...
Replies
Views
"Your posts are farcical. You claim there is no need to tank plasterboard in a shower before...
Replies
Views
TJ Smiler
T

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
HSS...A joke and Im not laughing
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.