Discuss invoice... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mr T

apparently not lol I called him out of the blue asking for experience and in return I would do all the dirty parts of the job i told him i didn't want any money and tbh it doesn't seem like he earns enough to pay me anything anyway and he did explain that he wouldn't be able to give me money so i cant moan i love the work im doin so it feels rite to stick wth it and see where i end up the worst thing that could happen is i come out with nothing but a lesson learned and back to factory work and a miserable life lol

M

Mr T

nobody wanted me for free mate so i doubt il find anyone who wants to pay me.... i called every tiler i could find before making a descision and the only one who wanted to know was this guy. i already accept im being a moron by doing this for absolutely nothing but until mr super rich tiler comes along and offers me money theres nothing i can do but bite my tounge and play the fool... don't worry mate when im ready i wont be doing another day for free in my life im no mug

M

Mr T

well i cant go to college because i wouldn't get the small amount i get signing on and doing voluntary work... im picking everything up as i go along basically. I go with him when he prices up and collects materials and when im ready i have somewhere to go for all the advice i need to be prepared to go self employed and am looking into it on the net so i will have a good idea when im getting ready to start my own thing. I know its not the best way to go about it but its the only possible way i can think of.

M

Mr T

yeh mate was laid off in December im 24..... I told them about what I was planning on doing and all they seemed concerned about was finding out if I was gonna be earning any money and how it would affect my jobsearch... so after 6 years of working without askin them for a penny im put in the same boat as the rest of the dole dossers so I just blag my jobsearch and tell them im just looking for work its a joke mate they don't help you with anything.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Search the net for some skills centres and go to your local college. Get as much information as you can on different courses etc.
Then make an appointment to speak to an advisor (or skills assesser i think they're called) take the info to them and tell him/her that you want to get qualified. The job centre will fund this for you. A lot of centres can also deal with the funding side for you as well.

You have the advantage of falling in the 16-24 age bracket as well. You're one of the ones that would be offered the most help.

J

joshtiler

I dot want to give you false hope tho either mate as it is really tough at the moment probably the worst time to go self employed, I'm lucky I've got a little bit of a customer base plus mates who are plumbers, kitchen fitters and plasterers but I speak to plenty of older tilers who have been tiling for years who are struggling to get work at the moment, just got to be hungry for the work :)

J

joshtiler

Totally agree with you being qualified to do the job is a big part of it but what I meant was if you have two tilers who are equally trained one sits at home waiting for the phone to ring and the other is out there doing everything he can to get work I'd like to think the guy who is "hungrier for work" gets it. I also accept that you can do everything you can to find work and still have none but just trying to give the guy a few words of advice as I was in same boat not that long ago :)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to invoice... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Morning guys and gals My grandma had this hanging in her kitchen for as long as I can remember...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi there Homeowner here who recently had my kitchen tiled by a professional tiler. We’ve been...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB