Discuss is the art of cutting with the grinder in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

mattle40

even use my grinder for socket cuts now , cant be bothered to set up the wet saw wedge it in between my knees with both hands on the tile = full control ;)

I thought there was nothing like shaving with a cut throat razor to remind you youre alive, you're millimetres away from cutting your throat every morning

But a fast spinning blade all up in your Jaffas could top it ;-)

T

Turkish tiler

262.jpg 265.jpg I cant think any other toll than angle grinder for cuts like these

C

charlie1

Charlie do you rap yourself in cotton wool and a blanket when at work ?
Good god man life's nothing without a bit of fun( risk) ;)

I, like others don't use any protection with my grinder, no eye protection, no guard but I'm experienced ( not that it makes much difference if blade goes) your risk and someone else's are no the same but I know what your saying mate.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to is the art of cutting with the grinder in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Q
    • Winner
    • Informative
So I was recently asked to fit some 3m x 1.5m 6mm thin porcelain in a new tile showroom. Mapei &...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
This may seem and odd question...but when I did a tiling training course, we were taught when...
Replies
Views
p4ulo
P
S
Hi, We have tried cutting some porcelain wall tiles many times to get a hole cut for pipes and...
Replies
Views
H
Hi I have previously tiled with ceramic tiles but this is my first foray into the world of...
Replies
Views
SJPurdy
S
D
How do I drill a hole in a steel bath. Or cast iron bath. Instructions on drilling into baths...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB