Discuss Is this a good Tiling Job? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Richard Edwards

Pjc has seen it in the flesh and his advice is probably the most reliable - That said it looks to me like the all the floor and walls need to removed. The floor will need a proper pro prep job - hardibacker / Lux cementous board / Uncouple membrane on the timber and overlap the concrete by approx 500mm and the whole floor will need leveling. Then retiled and properly grouted. - It looks like those tiles are quartz or glass composite. The walls will need to be finished and made flat and vertical before re starting the tiling. - This is going to cost a pretty penny to put right [No actual costs please as open forum]

This is amongst the worst I have ever seen - and I seen some horrors as I do a lot of remedial works.

I wish you luck - even if its too late

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Bedford
:yikes:This just re-inforces to me that the term "builder" means not qualified at much, or anything, as someone had posted earlier in the week, and in this case, ESPECIALLY not tiling :mad2: This guy looks as though he has put wall grout into the floor joints to me, and the whole thing is a complete failure imo, and, I bet he's tiled straight over the concrete to wood floor joint without an expansion joint. Sorry to be so harsh, but this type of thing just makes me angry, if I were you, I would ask him for any labour charges to be returned and your tile costs, as this cannot be rectified as he has said, and his excuses are pathetic imo. I wish you well with this, and I hope you get sorted soon :thumbsup:.

D

diamondtiling

Oh dear..........what a mess.
I am on a similar job at the moment, a full bathroom ripout. Tiles were fixed with bucket adhesive about 3 inches thick, floor tiles were on 6mm ply, the whole job was an abortion from the start. I have had to replace everything from the ceilings to the walls and a new floor. The plumbing was like spagetti junction. Will post pictures from start to finish soon.

This "builder" is a disgrace, get shut of him now.

:mad2:

R

riviera

Update:

After pointing out the tiles which were not level and/or hollow sounding when knocking, he has started removal of these. You can note the 6mm plywood as well as the adhesive.

As pjc mentioned, I have taken a photo of the wall sockets. He has also removed some of the wall tiles next to the window. Also the tiles are being placed on the old tiles by the looks of it. Finally number 20 is a close of of the tile which was partially covered in grout.

Attachments

• 16.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 94
  • 18.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 99
  • 15.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 89
  • 17.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 94
  • 20.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 86
  • 19.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 85

Reply to Is this a good Tiling Job? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hi All Had a panic when we had to rip out some of our floor tiles after a plumbing leak...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm looking to tile the entirety of our small patio area with either brick slips or...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Is this a good Tiling Job?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.