Discuss large format tile gaps in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Albert

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Gateshead NE8, UK
Hi All,
perhaps i did not explain myself properly so apologies,
the floor is 75 Sq meters, 40 Sq meters of this is is a perfect rectangle for a new built extension, the rest is through a hall way and kitchen / Diner.
The tile sizes again are 100 cm x 50 cm and to clarify what tile gaps would you be looking at ?
If the tiles are rectified i would use 3mm if not then i would
use 4mm

area tiling

TF
Arms
n.ireland
My last floor size was a similar rectangle , laid 120x60 rectified porcelain onto Kerakoll idro build Mat , followed expansion gaps on liquid screed floor , with ufh and put a soft joint in the middle of floor with matching silicone used 2mm spacers ! Can’t see anyone wanting a 4 mm joint with an expensive tile, but that’s just my opinion!

Cranbrook

TF
Esteemed
Arms
My last floor size was a similar rectangle , laid 120x60 rectified porcelain onto Kerakoll idro build Mat , followed expansion gaps on liquid screed floor , with ufh and put a soft joint in the middle of floor with matching silicone used 2mm spacers ! Can’t see anyone wanting a 4 mm joint with an expensive tile, but that’s just my opinion!

Ditto

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to large format tile gaps in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I have 45m2 of 1.2 x 1.2 Mirage 9mm floor tiles to lay. Never done this size before. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
I’m tiling a ground floor of a house approx 120m through a ground floor with 5 doorways in the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB