Discuss Limestone job? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

PJ Tiling

Happy Sunday people,

I've been to look at a job this weekend, bit of a jump in what I'm used to but really excited at the opportunity hence why I'm after some help.

The job is a huge farmhouse. 170m2 of 600x750x20 limestone on screed with wet ufh. Price to include ditra 9 rooms, fix stone, grout, seal and come back and reseal again once all other trades are complete. There is also a stone staircase into a basement to tile and in 7 of the 9 rooms there are up lighters in the corners to be cut into the stones.

All materials sourced by me but customer is paying before job.

I have a price in my head but I'm curious to see how close I am?

T

TJ Smiler

Sounds like a lovely one to get mate. I did 200 metres of Limestone 600x600x20 running through 6 rooms about 2 years ago. If i remember right it was aabout 5 grand, have looked everywhere to find the invoices i sent him but i think i have deleted them! I can't remember if that included adhesive but i can remember getting 50 bags of Niccobond PTB for £800. so give or take a grand off that £5000 anyway.

But for yours you have got to be looking anywhere in the region of £7000 - £9000 i'd say mate.

PS i didnt have ditra to do on my job

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Time's Ran Out

Happy Sunday people,

I've been to look at a job this weekend, bit of a jump in what I'm used to but really excited at the opportunity hence why I'm after some help.

The job is a huge farmhouse. 170m2 of 600x750x20 limestone
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But really it's not always just about price!
When customers are spending this amount of money it shouldnt be about getting the cheapest price. It's having confidence that who they get will do a good job. They get estimates to judge the tradesman as much as seeing how much it will cost and unless you are experienced or a good salesman you are may lose out!
Although the price you quoted is extremely competitive, for 170 m it is doable. They may not have the overheads some of us have, they may have a 'window' to fit it in, or they may just be big enough to take on large contracts and complete them in a week.
The only time anyone knows if it's vslue for money is if the customer is happy and they stay down !
In the end it's good experience and puts you in a better position the next time.
Happy Thursday .

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Limestone job? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

It was his first day today. I found him on mybuilder. He wasn't the cheapest quote and I chose...
Replies
Views
T
Hi, please can you help me on this, I think I have a tradesman done a bad wall tile job on our...
Replies
Views
Tianqiang Situ
T
Well, my second actually. Forgot to take photos of my first one, a kitchen floor, as got a bit...
Replies
Views
D
I am currently waiting for my 189 visa to come through. I have passed the TRA and the IELTS just...
Replies
Views
D man
D

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB